|2||@Packers||L 16 - 21||8||6||2||0||1||0|
|1||Falcons||W 28 - 12||5||5||0||0||2||0|
• Led the team in tackles for the 4th consecutive season, finishing 2018 with 122 total tackles.
• Recorded INTs in back-to-back games in Weeks 13-14, making him the 1st Vikings LB with multiple INTs in a single season since Chad Greenway (3) and Erin Henderson (2) in 2013.
• One of two Vikings to intercept Tom Brady, joining Darren Sharper.
• Racked up a career-high 18 total tackles at New England (12/2) in Week 13 while picking off Tom Brady for his 3rd career INT.
• Was the 2nd Vikings rookie to lead team in tackles in team history and the 1st since 1961 expansion season when Rip Hawkins led the club.
• T-2nd most career INT Return TDs (2) in team history by a LB, trailing only Rip Hawkins (3).
OFF THE FIELD Earned his degree in political science...Father, Horace, was a RB at UCLA and went on to play in the Canadian Football League…Brother, Mychal, attended California and was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2nd round (#46 overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft, 1 pick lower than younger brother Eric would go 3 years later...Named to the Athletic Director’s Honor Roll each year from 2011-14…”Leap Year” baby born on 2/29/92 in Clovis, CA….1 of 8 siblings...Regularly met with youth at the Hennepin County Juvenile Detention Center throughout the 2018 season, sitting in on classes and speaking with students...Visited pediatric patients at UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital during the 2019 offseason, playing video games, doing arts and crafts and talking football with the kids.
HONORS Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week for game at Tennessee (9/11/16)...Named to PFWA All-Rookie Team for 2015...Earned NFC Defensive Rookie of the Month for October 2015.
Evolution of Barr-Kendricks Duo and What Depth Sits Behind Them | LBs Training Camp Preview
Vikings Linebackers Coach Adam Zimmer talked up with vikings.com's Mike Wobschall about what it's like working with a super-talented duo like Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks and what the means for the defense as a whole, as well as what the players behind those two can bring to the table in 2019.
Kendricks on OTAs: It's Been A Little Chippy ... I Love It
vikings.com's Mike Wobschall talked with LB Eric Kendricks after OTA No. 4 to discuss the special visitors that paid a visit to Tuesday's practice, as well as the on-field competition between the offense and defense so far, making adjustments on defense with a group that's been together for so long, how the rookies are adapting and more.