|1||@Bengals||L 24 - 27||3||2||1||0||0||0|
• Returns to Minnesota after spending 2020 in Carolina as a free agent, where he started a career-best 8 games before going on injured reserve.
• Middle name, Dian, is a tribute to his grandmother, a Harvard and MIT graduate.
• Only 2nd Vanderbilt player drafted by the Vikings.
OFF THE FIELD
• Majored in sociology at Vanderbilt.
• An active participant in Vikings social justice initiatives, including trips to the Hennepin County Juvenile Detention Center and multiple Twin Cities high schools.
• Active with the One Love Foundation, dedicated to eliminating relationship violence through education and empowerment on college campuses and worked closely with Vanderbilt's Project Safe Center while in school
• Traveled throughout Germany as a teen with the Fulton County Youth Commission.
• Has a musical side, having learned to play 9 instruments: flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, baritone, tuba, tenor sax, steel drums and piano and was on his school's robotics teams.
• Played in 2014 and 2015 at Vanderbilt under former Vikings assistant defensive backs coach Derek Mason.
• Has an interest and in day trading and cryptocurrencies.
2019 Season in Photos: Vikings DE Stephen Weatherly
View the top photos of Vikings DE Stephen Weatherly from the 2019 season.
Purple Pups Photos: Stephen, Atlas & Orion Weatherly
View photos of Vikings DT Stephen Weatherly and his dogs Atlas and Orion who are featured in this segment of Purple Pups.
Weatherly, InSports Foundation Award Scholarship to Local Youth Football Team
Vikings DE Stephen Weatherly and InSports Foundation awarded his first annual youth scholarship to the Inner City Ducks, a 12-and-under football team.
Weatherly Attends Minnesota State Fair
Vikings DE Stephen Weatherly visits Sweet Martha's Cookies at the Minnesota State Fair.
Photos: Stephen Weatherly Football Camp
The Vikings defensive end hosted his first camp at the Eagan YMCA, which 250 District 196 students, in kindergarten through fifth grade, rotated through a variety of skills stations.