Vikings Player Roster | Team Roster Home | Minnesota Vikings - vikings.com
|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
• Posted the team's longest kick return of the season at Detroit (10/20) by going 38 yards on his 2nd kick return of the game. The 38-yard run-back was the 2nd-longest of his career.
• Has taken a leading role on Vikings Social Justice Committee, especially following the events of May and June 2020 in Minneapolis that brought worldwide attention to the topic.
• Played with Vikings LT Riley Reiff while with the Lions.
• Was the highest-drafted Nebraska Cornhusker (Round 2, Pick #54 of the 2015 NFL Draft) since Prince Amukamara was selected with the 19th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.
OFF THE FIELD
• In collaboration with Project Success, traveled with Vikings teammates and Twin Cities area students to Washington, D.C., to tour the National Museum of African American History and Culture. He also visited the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum during the 2019 offseason.
• After being contacted by Dearborn, Mich., students on social media, Abdullah personally assisted local youth groups with ongoing water donation drives for the residents of Flint, Mich., over two years. Impressed by the students' hand-written thank- you notes, Abdullah cited the students' ability to use social media for the greater good as what drew him to the group.
• Is the youngest of 9 siblings, all of whom have earned college degrees. He has 2 brothers and 6 sisters. Among his siblings include 2 lawyers, 1 CNN producer, 1 bank branch manager and business owners.
• Graduated from Nebraska with a degree in history, which he completed in 3-and-a-half years. Earned Academic All-Big Ten honors in 2013 and 2014.