An interesting component of having the 11th pick, where the Vikings are scheduled to select from next month, is who will still be on the board after prognosticators lay out their top 10s.
Former NFL offensive lineman Brian Baldinger recently slotted players to the first 10 selections in a piece for NFL Network and placed seven defenders and just three offensive players among those who will be gone when Minnesota goes on the clock on April 30.
1. Tampa Bay — QB Jameis Winston, Florida State
2. Tennessee — DE/OLB Randy Gregory, Nebraska
3. Jacksonville — DE/OLB Dante Fowler, Florida
4. Oakland — DL Leonard Williams, USC
5. Washington — DE Shane Ray, Missouri
6. New York Jets — CB Trae Waynes, Michigan State
7. Chicago — DT Danny Shelton, Washington
8. Atlanta — DE/OLB Vic Beasley, Clemson
9. New York Giants — OT Brandon Scherff, Iowa
10. St. Louis — WR Kevin White, West Virginia
Baldinger said during the segment that he expects a rush on edge rushers, as indicated by the prevalence of those players in his top 10.
Many in **Mock Madness** world believe that Waynes is the top cornerback and Sherff is the top offensive lineman among all draft-eligible players.
Receiver, on the other hand, is a position where analysts have been keen on Amari Cooper and DeVante Parker in the running with White, whose impressive combine may be giving him an additional boost.
Free agency, which opens at 3:01 p.m. (CT) Tuesday, likely will impact priorities of all teams, but the 11th spot will offer the Vikings a chance to see if a draft trend is developing early. It will also give other teams an opportunity to consider if they want to try to move up.
Tuesday's Pro Days:Akron, Alabama-Birmingham, Arizona, Army, Harvard, Kansas State, Kent State, Monmouth, Samford, Tennessee State and UCLA.