EAGAN, Minn. — In the days leading up to the 2020 NFL Draft, Vikings.com will take a deeper look at each of Minnesota's draft picks.
The Vikings currently have a dozen of them, including two first-round selections and five total in the first 105 picks of the draft.
This means Minnesota is in position to add an infusion of youth to its roster. But what kind of talent can the Vikings expect to get at each of those 12 picks?
We'll continue with the first of two current third-round picks, the 89th overall selection. In addition to noting the past five players taken at No. 89, we'll also take a look at what teams did with the selections that are one spot before and after.
88. Danielle Hunter, DE, MIN — has 54.5 career sacks and has made two Pro Bowl appearances
89. Sean Mannion, QB, STL — spent 2019 season as Vikings backup quarterback and re-signed with Minnesota
90. Carl Davis, DT, BAL — has played for four AFC teams in since 2015
88. Kyler Fackrell, LB, GB — has 16.5 sacks in 61 career games for Packers; signed with Giants in free agency
89. Javon Hargrave, DT, PIT — made 52 career starts on interior for Steelers; signed with Eagles in free agency
90. C.J. Prosise, RB, SEA — placed on Injured Reserve in each of past three seasons
88. Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, OAK — started 13 games a rookie but missed 2018 season; now with Texans
89. D'Onta Foreman, RB, HOU — rushed for 326 yards and two scores in 11 games from 2017-18; didn't play in 2019
90. Shaquill Griffin, CB, SEA — has three interceptions in 41 starts; made first Pro Bowl team in 2019
88. Oren Burks, LB, GB — has started four games, all as a rookie, in time with Green Bay
89. Joseph Noteboom, T, LAR — became a starter in 2019 but missed majority of season with a torn ACL
90. Deadrin Senat, DT, ATL — played in just two games in 2019 season
88. Cody Barton, LB, SEA — started twice as a rookie; played in all 16 games
89. Bobby Okereke, LB, IND — made eight starts and forced two fumbles in 2019
90. Connor McGovern, G, DAL — placed on Injured Reserve in September and missed 2019 season
Vikings/Others of Interest
1975: Vikings — RB Champ Henson, Ohio State
Henson did not play for the Vikings. He instead appeared in six games for the Bengals as a rookie in his lone NFL season.
1996: 49ers — WR Terrell Owens, Tennessee-Chattanooga
Inducted into Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2018, Owens ranks third in NFL history with 15,934 receiving yards and receiving touchdowns (153), and is eighth all-time in receptions with 1,078.
2009: Titans — TE Jared Cook, South Carolina
The veteran tight end has 34 career touchdown catches in his 11-season career with the Titans, Rams, Packers, Raiders and Saints. Nine of those scores occurred in 2019 with New Orleans.
2012: Saints — DL Akiem Hicks, Regina (Canada)
A Pro Bowler in 2018, Hicks is known as a menacing run-stopper on Chicago's defensive line.
— Mannion is the lone quarterback who has been selected with the 89th pick since 1980 when Rusty Lisch was selected by the St. Louis Cardinals.
— Hall of Fame safety Paul Krause was selected 89th by the Broncos in the 1964 AFL Draft but opted to sign with Washington, who selected him in the second round (18th overall) of the NFL Draft. Who was selected 89th in the NFL Draft that year? Eventual Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells, a mentor of Mike Zimmer, was selected by Detroit but didn't play in the NFL.