The Minnesota Vikings (8-3) host the Seattle Seahawks (6-5) at noon CT at TCF Bank Stadium in Week 13. The Vikings hold a 4-1 record at home, while the Seahawks own a 2-3 mark on the road in 2015. In Week 12, the Vikings won their 8th game of the season, surpassing last year's win total, after capturing their 4th straight road victory defeating the Falcons, 20-10, at the Georgia Dome. The Seahawks secured their 2nd straight victory, 39-30, over the Pittsburgh Steelers at home in Week 12.
RB Adrian Peterson is 1st in the NFL with 1,164 rushing yards in 2015 and scored his 99th career TD last week against the Falcons. Peterson currently has 11,354 career rushing yards, passing OJ Simpson, Corey Dillon and John Riggins in Week 12 and currently sits at 18th on the all-time rushing list. As a team, the Vikings rank 1st in rushing yards per game with a 146.4 mark. TE Kyle
Rudolph set a season-high in receptions (7) at Atlanta in Week 12 after setting a career-high in receiving yards (106) the week before vs. Green Bay. Rudolph has caught 13 passes over the past 2 games, the most in his career in any 2 game stretch.
Vikings LB Anthony Barr helped limit the Falcons to 10 points while totaling 9 tackles, 1.0 sack, 2 TFLs, 2 forced fumbles and 1 pass defensed. The Vikings defense has allowed the 2nd-fewest points per game (17.6) in the NFL and owns the 4th-ranked passing defense in the NFL, allowing only 223.4 passing yards per game. Vikings DE Everson Griffen leads the team with 7.5 sacks, tied for the 2nd-most in the NFC, and has recorded a sack in 3 consecutive games going into Week 13.
NATIONAL TELEVISION: FOX (Ch. 9 in the Twin Cities)
Play-by-Play: Kevin Burkhardt Analyst: John Lynch
Sideline: Pam Oliver
NATIONAL RADIO: SPORTS USA
Play-by-Play: Wayne Randazzo Analyst: Hank Bauer
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTLK-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-Game Show: Mike Mussman – 10:00 a.m. CT KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
• RB Adrian Peterson leads the NFL with 6 games of 100 rushing yards. Peterson recorded his 26th game with multiple TDs at Atlanta (11/29), passing Cris Carter for the most in team history.
• According to league stats, DT Linval Joseph trails only DE J.J. Watt for tackles among defensive linemen. Watt has 55 tackles while Joseph has totaled 54.
• TE Kyle Rudolph set a new career-high with 106 receiving yards on 6 catches vs. Green
Bay (11/22) and had a season-high 7 catches at Atlanta (11/29). Rudolph also has a team-best 4 receiving TDs on the season.
• CB Terence Newman has 3 INTs in the past 3 games after recording his 6th career multi-INT game at Oakland in Week 10 and grabbing an INT at Atlanta (11/29). Newman was named NFC DPOY for his game at Oakland and now has 40 career INTs, 3rd among all active players.
• The Vikings have won their last 4 road contests for the 1st time in a single season since 1998.
• With a .692 win percentage (9-4), the Vikings have the highest home win percentage alltime among teams playing in a temporary stadium.
• QB Teddy Bridgewater has totaled 1,086 passing yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs and a 91.5 passer rating in his last 5 road games helping the Vikings to a 4-1 record in those games.
• With 4 runs of 40 yards, Peterson (43t, 48t, 75, 80t) is tied for the most 40 yard runs in the NFL this season. Peterson also has 2 of the 4 longest runs in NFL this season with runs of 75 and 80, both coming in road contests.
• The Vikings have scored 10 special teams TDs since ST Coordinator Mike Preifer joined the team in 2011, tied with Baltimore for the most in the NFL during that span.
• WR Stefon Diggs, despite only being active for 8 games, has the 2nd-most receiving yards among all rookies with 604 yards, trailing only Oakland WR Amari Cooper who has 851 playing in 11 games. Diggs also leads all qualifying rookies with a 15.1 average.
• Despite missing Week 12, S Harrison Smith is 2nd on the team with 74 tackles and has 1 INT, 1.0 sack, 1 TFL and 1 FF in 2015.
• Seattle Seahawks Executive VP of Football Operations and Head Coach Pete Carroll served as the DBs coach with the Minnesota Vikings from 1985-89. Carroll's son, Nate, is the Seahawks Assistant WRs Coach and was born in Edina, Minnesota during the elder Carroll's stint with the Vikings.
• Seahawks Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell served in the same role for the Vikings from 2006-10.
• Seahawks FB Derrick Coleman signed with the Vikings as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2012.
• Seahawks QB Tarvaris Jackson was originally drafted by Minnesota in the 2nd round of the 2006 NFL Draft (64th overall). He spent 5 seasons with the Vikings, playing in 36 games with 20 starts.
• Vikings DB coach Jerry Gray coached the Seahawks DBs in 2010.
• Seattle area scout Todd Brunner's father, John, coached for the Minnesota Vikings from 1987-91.
• Vikings Coaching Assistant Drew Petzing and Seahawks K Steven Hauschka were teammates at Middlebury College. Hauschka originally signed with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2008.
• Seattle Seahawks Co-Director of Player Personnel Trent Kirchner graduated from St. John's University in Minnesota, where he played QB for 2 years. He interned with the Minnesota Twins in 1999.
• Seahawks Research Analyst Brian Eayrs attended Augsburg College in Minneapolis where he played QB. Eayrs' father, Mike, held a similar position for the Vikings and Packers before recently retiring.
• Seahawks Director of Health and Player Performance Sam Ramsden grew up in La Crescent, Minnesota.
• Seattle Seahawks General Manager John Schneider is a graduate of the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul.
• Vikings WR Jarius Wright played at Arkansas with Seahawks G/T Alvin Bailey from 2010-11.
• Vikings K Blair Walsh and Seahawks DE Demarcus Dobbs played at Georgia together from 2008-10.
• Vikings S Andrew Sendejo played for Rice with Seahawks TE Luke Willson in 2009.
• Vikings CB Captain Munnerlyn played for South Carolina with Seahawks C Lemuel Jeanpierre from 2006-08.
• There are seven players from UCLA in this matchup: Vikings LB Anthony Barr, Vikings LB Eric Kendricks, Vikings G Mike Harris, Vikings P Jeff Locke, Vikings LS Kevin McDermott, Seahawks FB Derrick Coleman, and Seahawks DE Cassius Marsh.
• Vikings TE Rhett Ellison, DE Everson Griffen and T Matt Kalil all played at USC with Seahawks LB Michael Morgan under Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll.
VIKINGS-SEAHAWKS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings and Seahawks have never played each other in a playoff contest or an overtime game.
• The Vikings have a 3-2 mark against the Seahawks at home and will host the Seahawks outdoors in Minnesota for only the 2nd time. The 2 teams played at Met Stadium in 1976 when the Vikings won 27-21.
• Seattle's 1st Head Coach in franchise history was former Vikings DL Coach Jack Patera. Patera coached for the Vikings from 1969-75 and for the Seahawks from 1976-82.
A WIN WOULD
• Improve Mike Zimmer's record as a head coach to 16-12 and bump Teddy Bridgewater's record as a starting QB to 15-9.
• Give the Vikings their 5th home win on the season and give them a 5-1 record at TCF Bank Stadium this season.