The Minnesota Vikings (7-2), winners of 5 consecutive games for the 1st time since 2009, take on the Green Bay Packers (6-3) at 3:25 pm CT at TCF Bank Stadium. The Vikings hold a perfect 4-0 record at home this season while the
Packers own a 2-2 mark on the road.
In Week 10 the Vikings won their 3rd road game in a row, defeating the Oakland Raiders, 30-14. The Green Bay Packers dropped their 3rd-consecutive game in Week 10 losing to NFC North foe Detroit Lions, 16-18, at Lambeau Field.
RB Adrian Peterson, who recorded his 6th career 200 rushing yard game in Week 10, is 1st in the NFL with 961 rushing yards and has added 5 TDs on the ground. Peterson currently has 11,151 career rushing yards and trails RB O.J. Simpson (11,236) by 85 yards for 20th all-time. As a team, the Vikings rank 1st in rushing yards per game with a 147.2 mark. Since making his NFL debut in Week 4, WR Stefon Diggs is 10th in the NFL in receiving yards with 507 on 30 catches in 6 games. In that same span, Diggs has hauled in 12 receptions of 20 yards, the most in the NFL.
The Vikings are the only team in the NFL to hold their opponents to 23 or fewer points in every game this season and have allowed the 2nd-fewest points per game (17.1) in the NFL. Vikings
S Harrison Smith leads the 8th-ranked passing defense in the NFL, allowing only 228.0 passing yards per game. In the last 2 games, DT Linval Joseph, who was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Rams, has combined for 18 tackles, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble. Vikings DE Everson Griffen leads the team with 5.5 sacks, the 7th-most in the NFC.
NATIONAL TELEVISION: FOX (Ch. 9 in the Twin Cities)
Play-by-Play: Joe Buck Analyst: Troy Aikman
Sideline: Erin Andrews
LOCAL RADIO: WESTWOOD ONE SPORTS
Play-by-Play: John Sadak Analyst: Tony Boselli
Pre-Game and Halftime Show Host: Scott Graham
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTLK-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-Game Show: Mike Mussman – 1:00 p.m. CT
KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
• RB Adrian Peterson leads the NFL with 5 games of 100 rushing yards and has the only 200 rushing yard game in the NFL this season. Peterson has 6 career games with 200 or more rushing yards, tied with O.J. Simpson for the most in NFL history.
• According the league stats, DT Linval Joseph has 43 tackles, the most in the NFL among all DL.
• With 4 runs of 40 yards, Peterson (43t, 48t, 75, 80t) is tied with Rams RB Todd Gurley (52, 55, 48, 71t) for the most 40 yard runs in the NFL this season. Peterson also has 2 of the 3 longest runs in NFL this season with runs of 75 and 80, both coming in road contests.
• WR/KR Cordarrelle Patterson recorded his 3rd career KOR TD at Oakland (11/15). Only WR Percy Harvin (5) has more KOR TDs in Vikings history. The Vikings now have scored 10 special teams TDs since ST Coordinator Mike Preifer joined the team in 2011, the most in the NFL during that span.
• Since Week 2, the Vikings defense ranks 5th in the NFL allowing only 93.3 rush yards per game.
• WR Stefon Diggs, despite only being active for 6 games, has the 2nd-most receiving yards among all rookies with 507 yards, trailing only Oakland WR Amari Cooper who has 732 playing in 9 games.
• S Harrison Smith leads the Vikings with 69 tackles and has 1 INT, 1.0 sack, 1 TFL and 1 FF in 2015.
• With a .750 win percentage (9-3), the Vikings have the highest home win percentage alltime among teams playing in a temporary stadium.
• The Vikings have the fewest penalties in the NFL, only being flagged 48 times. The Vikings offense is the least penalized offensive unit in the league with only 16 penalties.
• QB Teddy Bridgewater has totaled 912 passing yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT and a 95.6 passer rating in his last 4 road games helping the Vikings to a 3-1 record in those games.
• CB Terence Newman recorded his 6th career multi-INT game snagging 2 passes from Oakland QB Derek Carr in Week 10. Newman now has 39 career INTs, 3rd among all active players.
• Packers DT Letroy Guion was drafted by Minnesota in the 5th round of the 2008 NFL Draft. Guion played for the Vikings from 2008-13, where he appeared in 68 games with 31 starts.
• Vikings WR Charles Johnson was on the Packers practice squad in 2013 and was a 7th-round of the Packers in the 2013 NFL Draft.
• Green Bay Packers Communications Manager Tom Fanning graduated from University of Minnesota in 1998 and worked for the Minnesota Vikings from 1999-2008.
• Vikings G Brandon Fusco attended Seneca Valley High School in Harmony, PA with Packers T/G Don Barclay.
• Vikings Offensive Coordinator Norv Turner coached Packers Senior Personnel Executive Alonzo Highsmith, who played RB for the Cowboys in 1991, Highsmith also played for Tampa Bay while Vikings WR Coach George Stewart coached the Buccaneers special.
• Vikings Defensive Coordinator George Edwards and Packers Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers were on the Dolphins defensive coaching staff in 2006-07.
• Vikings HC Mike Zimmer was the defensive coordinator and Vikings Assistant DBs Coach Jonathan Gannon was a defensive assistant in Atlanta while Packers Secondary/CBs Coach Joe Whitt Jr. held the same position with the Falcons during the 2007 season.
• Minnesota Strength and Conditioning Coach Evan Marcus spent time with the Saints from 2000-02, working with Packers HC Mike McCarthy, who was the offensive coordinator and Packers TE Coach Jerry Fontenot played center in addition to Packers Secondary Coach Darren Perry, who played safety for the Saints.
• Recently retired Packers Director of Research and Development Mike Eayrs spent 16 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings as the Director of Research and Development. Eayrs, who was born in West Concord, Minn., holds a bachelor's degree from Augsburg College in Minneapolis and a master's degree from the University of South Dakota. Eayrs spent time coaching in Winnebago, Minn. and at Minnesota State, Mankato.
• Vikings Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer graduated from high school in Green Bay while his dad coached for the Packers.
• Vikings CB Trae Waynes grew up in Kenosha, WI and graduated from Mary D Bradford HS.
• Packers Director of College Scouting Brian Gutekunst's father was the head coach for the University of Minnesota from 1985-92.
• Vikings T Austin Shepherd, Packers S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and RB Eddie Lacy played together at Alabama.
• Vikings C Zac Kerin and Packers LB Jayrone Elliott played together at Toledo for all 4 seasons from 2010-13.
• There are 7 players from UCLA on the Packers and Vikings rosters: Vikings P Jeff Locke, LS Kevin McDermott, LB Eric Kendricks, LB Anthony Barr, G Mike Harris and Packers DE Datone Jones and QB Brett Hundley.
VIKINGS-PACKERS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings and Packers have played 109 times overall with Green Bay holding a 58-49-2 series record.
• The Last Vikings win over the Packers came in Week 17 of the 2012 season, a must-win game for the Vikings to earn a playoff berth. Minnesota defeated Green Bay 37-34 helping the Vikings clinch a Wildcard berth.
• The last meeting between the two teams (11/23/14) was a 24-21 Packers win at TCF Bank Stadium, the last home loss the Vikings endured.
• This will mark the 110th meeting between the two franchises. The Packers are the Vikings most common opponent in franchise history, including 2 playoff games.
• The Vikings and Packers have played in 5 OT games all-time with the Vikings holding a 3-1-1 advantage in those games.
A WIN WOULD
• Give the Vikings their 6th consecutive win, the longest for the Vikings since 2009 when the team started the season 6-0.
• Improve Minnesota's home record to 5-0 on the season and give the Vikings 8 consecutive home victories, the longest streak for the Vikings since winning 9 straight at home from 2008-09.
• Give Mike Zimmer a 15-11 mark as a head coach,