The Minnesota Vikings (8-8 in 2016) return to U.S. Bank Stadium for the first time this season, facing off against the San Francisco 49ers (2-14 in 2016) to conclude Preseason Week 3 on Sunday, Aug. 27. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. (CT) at U.S. Bank Stadium. The game will be broadcast nationwide on NBC's Sunday Night Football.
The Vikings have earned a 13-2 (.867) preseason mark under Head Coach Mike Zimmer, who has led the club to two undefeated preseasons in his 3 seasons at the helm. Last Friday, the Vikings suffered their first defeat of the 2017 preseason, falling 20-13 to the Seahawks. In limited playing time, rookie RB Dalvin Cook totaled 50 yards on eight touches, and WR Stefon Diggs caught four passes for 65 yards. Rookie defensive linemen DE Tashawn Bower and DT Jaleel Johnson have made an impact through the first two preseason games.
Play-by-Play: Al Michaels Analyst: Cris Collinsworth
Sideline Reporter: Michele Tafoya
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTLK-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman/Ben Leber
Pre-Game Show: Mike Mussman – 5:00 p.m. CT
KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 63-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
VIKINGS IN THE PRESEASON
- The Vikings have a combined record of 153-98-3 (.608) in their 254 preseason games.
- The team has finished undefeated in the preseason eight times (1964, '65, '73, '92, '98, '01, '14, '16).
- The Vikings have finished with a .500 record or better 43 times in the team's 56 preseasons.
- Minnesota has finished .500 or better in the regular season 33 times after posting a .500 or better record in the preseason.
- The 13 preseasons in which the Vikings have finished below .500, the team went on to finish below .500 seven times in the ensuing regular season.
- Under Head Coach Mike Zimmer, the Vikings have compiled a 13-2 (.867) record in the 2014 (4-0), 2015 (4-1), 2016 (4-0) and 2017 (1-1) preseasons.
Vikings LS Kevin McDermott* *originally signed with San Francisco as a rookie free agent in 2013 and played in all 16 regular season games and three playoff contests with the 49ers that season, including the NFC title game.
Vikings G Alex Boone entered the NFL with San Francisco as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He started 59 of 77 regular-season games and six of eight playoff games with the 49ers, including Super Bowl XLVII.
Vikings C Nick Easton was acquired by Minnesota from San Francisco via trade in 2015. Easton was with the 49ers for about one month after they obtained him in a trade with the Ravens.
49ers G Brandon Fusco* *played for the Vikings from 2011-2016, making 64 starts and appearing in 67 total games.
Vikings OL Coach*Tony Sparano *served as the 49ers Tight Ends Coach in 2015.
Vikings Head Strength & Conditioning Coach Mark Uyeyama was a member of the 49ers staff from 2008-2016. Serving as the Asst. Strength & Condition Coach from 2008-10 before being promoted to Head Strength & Conditioning Coach in 2011 and Director of Human Performance in 2015.
Vikings LB Noor Davis attended Stanford University in nearby Stanford, California.
Vikings G Freddie Tagaloa hails from San Pablo, California.
Vikings LB Eric Kendricks is from the Fresno, California area.
Vikings Assistant Strength & Conditioning coach Chaz Mahle served as a Sports Performance Assistant at Stanford in 2012.
Vikings DT* *Jaleel Johnson and K Marshall Koehn were the teammates of 49ers QB C.J. Beathard and TE George Kittle at Iowa.
Vikings DE Danielle Hunter* *was the teammate of 49ers S Eric Reid and CB Rashard Robinson at LSU.
Vikings LB Kentrell Brothers was the teammate of 49ers LB Donavin Newsom* *at Mizzou.
Vikings T Rashod Hill* *and DT Dylan Bradley were the teammates of 49ers QB Nick Mullins and OL Norman Price at Southern Mississippi.
Vikings LB Noor Davis was the teammate of 49ers DL Solomon Thomas and G Joshua Garnett at Stanford.
Vikings DE*Datone Jones, K Kai Forbath, *and LS Kevin McDermott were the teammates of 49ers TE Logan Thomas at UCLA.
Vikings CB Trae Waynes was the teammate of 49ers TE Garrett Celek and WR Aaron Burbridge at Michigan State.
VIKINGS BIG DAYS VS. BILLS
- QB Sam Bradford went 26-for-39 for 275 yards and 2 TDs against the 49ers while with the St. Louis Rams on 11/11/12 in a game that ended in a 24-24 tie.
- WR Michael Floyd had a pair of 8 reception performances against the 49ers while playing for the Cardinals. On 12/30/12 he hauled in 8 catches for 166 yards and 1 TD. Two years later, he caught 8 passes for 153 yards and 2 TDs on 12/28/14.
VIKINGS VS. BILLS SERIES INFO
Record vs. 49ers:22-23-1
Last regular season game: Vikings 3, San Francisco 20 (2015, In SF)
Vikings largest winning margin:31; Vikings 45, 49ers 14 (1963)
49ers largest winning margin:44; 49ers 51, Vikings 7 (1984)
Current series streak:San Francisco 1
Vikings longest win streak: 5 (1963-65)
49ers longest win streak:4 (2x 1961-62; 1988-90)
Most Points, Vikings:45 (1963)
Most Points, 49ers :51 (1984)
Most Points, both teams: 83 (1965)
Fewest Points, Vikings: 3 (2006, 2015)
Fewest Points, 49ers:3 (1966)
Fewest Points, both teams: 12; Vikings 3, 49ers 9 (2006)