The Minnesota Vikings (8-4) take on the Arizona Cardinals (10-2) at 7:25 p.m. CT at University of Phoenix on NFL Network's Thursday Night Football. The
Vikings hold a 4-2 record on the road, while the Cardinals have a 4-1 mark at home in 2015.
In Week 13, the Vikings dropped their 4th game of the season vs. the Seattle Seahawks, 38-7, at TCF Bank Stadium. The Cardinals won their 6th road contest of the season and their 6th straight victory, beating the St. Louis Rams, 27-3.
RB Adrian Peterson is 1st in the NFL with 1,182 rushing yards in 2015 and scored his 99th career TD against the Falcons in Week 12. Peterson, who currently has 11,372 career rushing yards,
18th on the all-time rushing list, has ran for 100 yards in 4 consecutive road games. As a team, the Vikings rank 5th in rushing yards per game with a 136.8 mark. TE Kyle Rudolph set a season-high in receptions (7) at Atlanta in Week 12 after setting a career-high in receiving yards (106) the week before vs. Green Bay.
The Vikings defense has allowed the 4th-fewest points per game (19.3) in the NFL and owns the 6th-ranked passing defense in the NFL, allowing only 226.5 passing yards per game.
NATIONAL TELEVISION: NFL Network (WCCO [Ch. 4] will air locally)
Play-by-Play: Jim Nantz Analyst: Phil Simms
Sideline: Tracy Wolfson
NATIONAL RADIO: WESTWOOD ONE SPORTS
Play-by-Play: Ian Eagle Analyst: Tim Ryan
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTLK-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-Game Show: Mike Mussman – 5:30 p.m. CT
KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
• RB Adrian Peterson leads the NFL with 6 games of 100 rushing yards. Peterson recorded his 26th game with multiple TDs at Atlanta (11/29), passing Cris Carter for the most in team history.
• According to league stats, DT Linval Joseph is tied for 2nd among defensive linemen with 54 tackles despite missing Week 13 due to injury. J.J. Watt has 59 tackles and Aaron Donald is even with Joseph at 54.
• TE Kyle Rudolph set a new career-high with 106 receiving yards on 6 catches vs. Green Bay (11/22) and had a season-high 7 catches at Atlanta (11/29). Rudolph also has a team best 4 receiving TDs on the season.
• CB Terence Newman has 3 INTs in the past 4 games after recording his 6th career multi-INT game at Oakland in Week 10 and grabbing an INT at Atlanta (11/29). Newman was named NFC DPOY for his game at Oakland and now has 40 career INTs, 3rd among all active players.
• The Vikings have won their last 4 road contests for the 1st time in a single season since 1998.
• With a .643 win percentage (9-5), the Vikings have the highest home win percentage all-time among teams playing in a temporary stadium.
• QB Teddy Bridgewater has totaled 1,086 passing yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs and a 91.5 passer rating in his last 5 road games helping the Vikings to a 4-1 record in those games.
• With 4 runs of 40 yards, Peterson (43t, 48t, 75, 80t) is tied for the most 40 yard runs in the NFL this season. Peterson also has 2 of the 5 longest runs in NFL this season with runs of 75 and 80, both coming in road contests.
• The Vikings have scored 11 special teams TDs since ST Coordinator Mike Preifer joined the team in 2011, tied with Philadelphia for the most in the NFL during that span.
• WR Stefon Diggs, despite only being active for 9 games, has the 2nd-most receiving yards among all rookies with 626 yards, trailing only Oakland WR Amari Cooper who has 920 playing in 12 games. Diggs also leads all qualifying rookies with a 14.9 average.
• Cardinals Asst. Head Coach/Offense Tom Moore coached for the Minnesota Vikings from 1990-93 as the Asst. Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, QBs coach and WRs coach. Moore served as the Offensive Coordinator for the Minnesota Gophers from 1972-73 and 1975-76. Moore hails from Owatonna, Minnesota.
• Cardinals CB Coach Kevin Ross coached the Vikings secondary from 2003-05.
• Vikings RB Coach Kirby Wilson served in the same role for the Cardinals from 2004-06.
• Cardinals C Lyle Sendlein's father, Robin, played LB for the Vikings from 1981-85. Lyle also played with Vikings DE Brian Robison at Texas.
• Vikings WR Mike Wallace and Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians were with the Pittsburgh Steelers together from 2009-11. Both played a huge role in helping the Steelers reach Super Bowl XLV. Vikings RBs coach Kirby Wilson was also in Pittsburgh with Arians.
• Cardinals QB Carson Palmer and Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer were with the Cincinnati Bengals together from 2008-10.
• Vikings COO Kevin Warren is a Tempe, Arizona native and attended Grand Canyon University where he played basketball. Warren earned his bachelor's degree in business administration from Grand Canyon University before earning his MBA from Arizona State. Warren was inducted into the Grand Canyon University Athletics Hall of Fame in 2012.
• Arizona Cardinals Executive VP/COO Ron Minegar earned his master's degree in Business Administration from the University of Minnesota.
• Cardinals Asst. Special Teams/Asst. TEs Coach Steve Heiden is from Rushford, Minnesota and attended college at South Dakota State University. Heiden began his coaching career at Concordia University in St. Paul, Minnesota in 2012 after an 11-year career in the NFL.
• Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald was a 2-time All-Sate and prep All-America WR at Academy of the Holy Angels High School in his hometown, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
• Cardinals WR Michael Floyd is from St. Paul, Minnesota. He attended Cretin Derhman Hall in where the St. Paul Pioneer Press named him High School Athlete of the Year for the St. Paul area. He was also twice named Minnesota Gatorade Player of the Year.
• Vikings Asst. Special Teams coordinator Ryan Ficken played WR at Arizona State University from 1998-99.
• Vikings Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Evan Marcus served as the Asst. Strength and Conditioning coach at Arizona State from 1991- 92.
• Vikings DE Everson Griffen attended Agua Fria High School in Avondale, Arizona, where he was named Super Prep and Scout.com Player of the Year in Arizona and Gatorade Circle of Champions Player of the Year for Arizona.
• Vikings P Jeff Locke played WR, K and P at Mountain Ridge High School in Glendale, Arizona, where ESPN.com ranked him the #1 kicker coming out of high school. He was selected All-Arizona and 1st-Team All-State.
• There are 6 players on the Cardinals and Vikings rosters from USC: Vikings TE Rhett Ellison (2008-11), Vikings DE Everson Griffen (2007-09), Vikings T Matt Kalil (2008-11), Cardinals QB Matt Barkley (2010-12), Cardinals QB Carson Palmer (1998-2002), and Cardinals DT Frostee Rucker (2002-05).
• Vikings DE Brian Robison and Cardinals DT Cory Redding were teammates at Texas in 2002.
• Vikings RB Adrian Peterson and Cardinals TE Jermaine Gresham were teammate at Oklahoma in 2006.
• Vikings OL Austin Shepherd and Cardinals DT Ed Stinson were teammates at Alabama.
• Vikings DT Sharrif Floyd played for Florida with Cardinals T D.J. Humphries in 2012.
• Vikings K Blair Walsh and Cardinals P Drew Butler kicked at Georgia together from 2008-11.
• Vikings DE Danielle Hunter and Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter were teammates at LSU in 2012.
• Vikings WR Mike Wallace was teammates with Cardinals T Bradley Somell in 2008 at Ole Miss.
• Vikings S Robert Blanton (2008-11), Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph (2008- 10), Vikings S Harrison Smith (2007-11),Cardinals WR Michael Floyd (2008-11) and Cardinals TE Troy Niklas (2011-13) all played Notre Dame.
VIKINGS-CARDINALS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings and Cardinals have played in 2 OT games with Minnesota winning both.
• The Vikings and Cardinals have met twice in the playoffs with both matchups coming in the Divisional round. Minnesota is 2-0 in playoff games vs. Arizona.
• The Vikings enter the Thursday night game with a 3-game win streak over the Cardinals.
A WIN WOULD
• Improve Mike Zimmer's record as a head coach to 16-13 and bump Teddy Bridgewater's record as a starting QB to 15-10.
• Give the Vikings their 5th consecutive road win, the longest road win streak in a single season since 1974.