Eagan, Minn. (August 23, 2019) – The Minnesota Vikings are making fans aware of downtown construction that will significantly impact traffic departing Saturday’s game against the Arizona Cardinals.
Beginning at 10:00 p.m. tonight, the following ramps that typically provide direct access to I-35W south from downtown Minneapolis will be closed:
· 3rd Street Contraflow to I-35W south
· 4th Street to I-35W south
· Washington Avenue to I-35W south
With the 4th Avenue ramp to I-35W South already closed, the additional closures mean fans leaving the Vikings game must use an alternate route to head south out of downtown. Fans can plan a route by using www.511mn.org or use one of the following alternatives:
· 4th Street (will reopen following the game at approximately 4:00 p.m.) or Washington Avenue to Cedar Avenue to Riverside Avenue to I-94 west.
· 3rd Street or Washington Avenue to 394 west
Other weekend closures near downtown include the following:
· I-35W south to I-94 west
· I-35W south to Highway 55 east
· I-35W south to 11th Avenue
Fans are encouraged to plan extra time to reach their destination post-game.