Skol Line Auditions | Minnesota Vikings – vikings.com
2022 SKOL LINE AUDITIONS
OPEN AUDITIONS FOR THE 2022 MINNESOTA VIKINGS SKOL LINE
WEDNESDAY, May 25th
TCO PERFORMANCE CENTER
To audition, potential members must:
• Be at least 18 years of age by 5/25/2022 (please bring valid driver's license, state ID or passport).
• Attend ALL Vikings home games (including preseason).
• Be able to perform in front of large audiences with precision, accuracy and enthusiasm.
• Be able to commute to Eagan for weekly evening rehearsals. These will be held on Wednesday evenings for the remainder of the season. No more than two absences will be tolerated.
• Have previous drum corps or marching band experience.
• Read and prepare music outside of rehearsal.
• Represent themselves and the Minnesota Vikings in a positive and professional manner.
• Make a one year commitment to the Skol Line that includes not only games, but other Viking and community events throughout the year.
• Must be able to meet physical demands of carrying equipment or instrumentation during performances, game days, and rehearsals as required by this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Register and attend the Open Audition at TCO Performance Center in Eagan, MN on Wednesday, May 25th.
Open Auditions (mandatory for all returning members and new applicants)
Date: Wednesday, May 25*th*
Time: 6:30 PM
Note: All applicants are required to participate in Open Auditions to be considered for Final Auditions and team selection.
Location: Open Auditions will take place at TCO Performance Center in Eagan, MN. Additional information will be provided regarding auditions after application submissions close.
Details: Candidates will need to download and prepare the 30 second basic audition piece which will be included in the confirmation email after successfully registering for Open Auditions. In addition to that prepared piece, the audition will also consist of a 15-30 second solo piece played on the instrument for which the candidate is auditioning. This solo is to show the judges a sampling of the candidate's performance capabilities. The solo does not have to be written out, and music will be provided for this component. Additionally, please make sure that you are able to play with the mp3 that is posted as that will be a part of the audition. These audition pieces are also posted at the bottom of this page for your convenience.
For questions, please e-mail email@example.com and we will answer them as soon as possible.
Final Auditions (selected candidates from Open Auditions only)
Date:*Wednesday, June 8th*
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Mall of America Rotunda – Candidates moving on for Final Auditions will be notified following the Open Auditions process.
Details: Final Auditions will consist of a prepared solo written by the candidate with the intent to showcase the performer's skill and creativity. In addition, candidates will also perform the Open Auditions material in a small ensemble.
NOTE: Participants must have been selected through Open Auditions to be judged at the Final Auditions. We will not accept walk-up applicants on this day.
Final team selection for the 2022 Skol Line will be announced on vikings.com and via email on Friday, June 10th.
To audition for the Minnesota Vikings Skol Line, you MUST register by filling out the mandatory information on*vikings.com/skolline*. You will see a confirmation notice following a successful submission, and you will receive additional audition information one week prior to Open Auditions.
2022 Skol Line Audition MP3 Performance Track
2022 Skol Line Basic Audition Exercises
For any further questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Skol Line is presented by Hy-Vee, with supporting sponsors Pearl Drums, Sabian Cymbals, Remo Drum heads, Innovative Percussion, and Groth Music.