The Minnesota Vikings (10-5) travel in Week 17 to take on the Green Bay Packers (10-5) in a game nationally televised on NBC's Sunday Night Football.
Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. The winner will be crowned NFC North Division Champions. The Vikings hold a 4-3 record on the road, while the Packers have a 5-2 mark at home in 2015.
In Week 16, the Vikings secured a playoff berth for the 1st time since 2012 by defeating the New York Giants, 49-17, at home in the last regular season game during their 2-year stint at TCF Bank Stadium. The Packers dropped their Week 16 contest at the NFC West Champion Arizona Cardinals, 38-8. The Packers and Vikings last played in Week 11 in Minneapolis where Green Bay ended Minnesota's 5-game win streak in a 30-13 contest.
RB Adrian Peterson enters the final week of the season 1st in the NFL with 1,418 rushing yards and has a chance to win his 3rd career rushing title and become the 2nd-oldest player since the merger to lead the NFL in rushing (Curtis Martin, 31, 2004). As a team, the Vikings rank5th in rushing yards per game with a 137.3 mark. Since Week 14, QB Teddy Bridgewater ranks 2nd in the NFL with a 123.2 passer rating and has thrown for 734 yards, 6 TDs and 0 INTs.
The Vikings defense has allowed the 6th-fewest points per game allowed (19.3) in the NFL and own the 9th-ranked passing defense in the NFL, allowing only 232.3 passing yards per game.
NATIONAL TELEVISION: NBC (Channel 11 in the Twin Cities)
Play-by-Play: Al Michaels Analyst: Cris Collinsworth
Sideline: Michele Tafoya
NATIONAL RADIO: WESTWOOD ONE
Play-by-Play: Kevin Kugler Analyst: James Lofton
Pre-Game and Halftime Show: Scott Graham
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTLK-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-Game Show: Mike Mussman – 5:30 p.m. CT
KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
• S Harrison Smith intercepted his 12th career pass and recorded his Vikings franchise record 4th INT return TD after picking off Eli Manning vs. NYG (12/27).
• RB Jerick McKinnon scored his 1st career TD on a 17-yard reception and set a career high with 76 receiving yards on a season-best 4 receptions vs. Chicago (12/20) and followed it up with a 2-TD performance vs. the Giants (12/27) - a 7-yard run and a career-long 68-yard run.
• After throwing a career-high 4 TDs and rushing for 1 TD vs. Chicago (12/20), QB Teddy Bridgewater became the 1st Viking to account for 5 TDs in a game since QB Daunte Culpepper threw for 5 TDs at New Orleans (10/17/04).
• Since the last matchup with the Packers, TE Kyle Rudolph is 6th among all TEs in both catches (26) and yards (313). Rudolph has set a new career high in receiving yards in a season with 495 yards, surpassing his previous total of 493 yards during his 2012 Pro Bowl MVP season.
• With a .687 win percentage (11-5), the Vikings have the highest home win percentage alltime among teams playing in a temporary stadium and are the only team to make the playoffs while playing in a temporary stadium.
• Bridgewater has totaled 1,421 passing yards, 6 TDs, 2 INTs and a 94.6 passer rating in his last 6 road games helping the Vikings to a 4-2 record in those games.
• WR Stefon Diggs, despite only being active for 12 games, moved into a tie for 3rd with Sammy White (1976) and Paul Flately (1963) in Vikings history in single-season receptions among rookies with 51. Diggs recorded his 1st multi-TD game of his career hauling in TDs of 15 and 33 yards vs. the Bears (12/20).
• DE Danielle Hunter is 2nd among all rookies with 6.0 sacks on the season. Hunter, who turned 21 on October 29, is the youngest player in the NFL.
• RB Adrian Peterson leads the NFL with 7 games of 100 rushing yards, the 3rd-highest total in a single season in his career. Peterson recorded 10 games of 100 rushing yards in 2008 and during his 2012 MVP season.
• Packers DT Letroy Guion was drafted by Minnesota in the 5th round of the 2008 NFL Draft. Guion played for the Vikings from 2008-13, where he appeared in 68 games with 31 starts.
• Vikings WR Charles Johnson was on the Packers practice squad in 2013 and was a 7th-round selection of the Packers in the 2013 NFL Draft.
• Green Bay Packers Communications Manager Tom Fanning graduated from University of Minnesota in 1998 and worked for the Minnesota Vikings from 1999-2008.
• Vikings G Brandon Fusco attended Seneca Valley High School in Harmony, PA with Packers T/G Don Barclay.
• Vikings Offensive Coordinator Norv Turner coached Packers Senior Personnel Executive Alonzo Highsmith, who played RB for the Cowboys in 1991, Highsmith also played for Tampa Bay while Vikings WR Coach George Stewart coached the Buccaneers special teams.
• Vikings Defensive Coordinator George Edwards and Packers Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers were on the Dolphins defensive coaching staff in 2006-07.
• Vikings HC Mike Zimmer was the defensive coordinator and Vikings Assistant DBs Coach Jonathan Gannon was a defensive assistant in Atlanta while Packers Secondary/CBs Coach Joe Whitt Jr. held the same position with the Falcons during the 2007 season.
• Minnesota Strength and Conditioning Coach Evan Marcus spent time with the Saints from 2000-02, working with Packers HC Mike McCarthy, who was the offensive coordinator and Packers TE Coach Jerry Fontenot played center in addition to Packers Secondary Coach Darren Perry, who played safety for the Saints.
• Recently retired Packers Director of Research and Development Mike Eayrs spent 16 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings as the Director of Research and Development. Eayrs, who was born in West Concord,
Minn., holds a bachelor's degree from Augsburg College in Minneapolis and a master's degree from the University of South Dakota. Eayrs spent Time coaching in Winnebago, Minn. and at Minnesota State, Mankato.
• Vikings Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer graduated from high school in Green Bay while his dad coached for the Packers.
• Vikings CB Trae Waynes grew up in Kenosha, WI and graduated from Mary D Bradford HS.
• Packers Director of College Scouting Brian Gutekunst's father, John, was the head coach for the University of Minnesota from 1985-92.
• Vikings T Austin Shepherd, Packers S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and RB Eddie Lacy played together at Alabama.
• Vikings C Zac Kerin and Packers LB Jayrone Elliott played together at Toledo for all 4 seasons from 2010-13.
• There are 7 players from UCLA on the Packers and Vikings rosters: Vikings P Jeff Locke, LS Kevin McDermott, LB Eric Kendricks, LB Anthony Barr, G Mike Harris and Packers DE Datone Jones and QB Brett Hundley.
VIKINGS-PACKERS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings and Packers have played 110 times overall with Green Bay holding a 59-49-2 series record.
• The last Vikings win over the Packers came in Week 17 of the 2012 season, a must-win game for the Vikings to earn a playoff berth. Minnesota defeated Green Bay 37-34 helping the Vikings clinch a Wildcard berth.
• The last meeting between the 2 teams (11/23/15) was a 30-13 Packers win at TCF Bank Stadium, only 1 of 2 losses at home for the Vikings in 2015.
• This will mark the 111th meeting between the 2 franchises. The Packers are the Vikings most common opponent in franchise history, including 2 playoff games - 2004 Wild Card game, a 31-17 Vikings win, and 2012 Wild Card game, a 24-10 Packers win, both played at Lambeau
• The Vikings and Packers have played in 5 OT games all-time with the Vikings holding a 3-1-1 advantage in those games.
A WIN WOULD
• Give the Vikings their 3rd consecutive win and their 1st NFC North Division Title since 2009.
• Improve Minnesota's road record to 5-3 on the season give the Vikings their 1st road winning record since 2009.
• Give Mike Zimmer a 18-14 mark as a head coach and bump Teddy Bridgewater's record as a starting QB to 17-11.