Dear Vikings Season Ticket Owners,
Due to the expiration of the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement and the breakdown in mediated negotiations between the National Football League and the players, it is the sincere commitment of the Minnesota Vikings to keep our most important stakeholders in this franchise, our Season Ticket Owners, as informed as possible throughout the process. We wanted to write to you today in an effort to keep you informed on how the expiration of the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement may impact the 2011 NFL season.
The NFL is working hard to reach a new agreement with the players' union, and we hope the negotiation process does not disrupt the 2011 season. In the event any games are cancelled, we want to remind you of the Vikings Season Ticket Owner refund policy for your 2011 season tickets. The specifics of the policy are as follows:
1. We will provide you with a full refund for any cancelled preseason or regular-season home games.
2. You may choose to receive your refund either in the form that you paid for your tickets (e.g., cash, credit card) or in the form of credits toward future games with this credit applied to your season ticket account.
3. Simple interest, calculated at an annual rate of 1%, will be paid on refunds. Interest will be calculated for the period beginning on the date that a game is cancelled through the date that the refund is processed. You will be entitled to interest only if you have paid for your season tickets in full by the final season ticket payment deadline of May 23, 2011.
4. For any cancelled games, refunds will be paid no later than 30 days after final determination of how many games will be played during the 2011 season.
5. You may also click here to review the Vikings Season Ticket Owner refund policy that accompanied your 2011 invoice.
The Vikings ownership group, coaches and front office staff are working extremely hard this offseason to return the Minnesota Vikings to the top of the NFC North and compete for a Super Bowl, as well as build upon the pride and passion you have for this organization. We greatly appreciate your support of the Minnesota Vikings and will continue to keep you informed of our plans for the 2011 season. If you have any questions about the refund policy, or any other matter, please feel free to contact the Vikings Ticket Office at (612) 33-VIKES. Also, please feel free to read a letter sent last night from NFL Commissioner Goodell to all NFL fans at vikings.com or follow the latest on the NFL labor situation at NFLLabor.com.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to helping the Minnesota Vikings return to the top of the NFC North and then achieving our ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl.
Zygi and Mark Wilf