SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013 - M&T BANK STADIUM - NOON CT - FOX
The Minnesota Vikings (3-8-1) visit the Baltimore Ravens (6-6) for the 4th time ever in a matchup scheduled to kickoff at noon. The Week 14 contest is the 5th game ever between the Vikings and Ravens having split the series 2-2.
In the last matchup between the Ravens and Vikings in 2009, Minnesota topped Baltimore, 33-31, on a FG in the final 2 minutes and a 143-yard effort by RB
NATIONAL TELEVISION: FOX
Play-by-Play: Chris Myers Analyst: Tim Ryan Sideline Reporter: Jennifer Hale
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTCN-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-game Show: Mike Mussman – 10 a.m. CT
KFAN and KTCN serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
STAT OF THE WEEK
Over the last 3 weeks, the Vikings rank 1st in the NFL in 3rd down defense holding opponents to 23.7% (9/38) on 3rd downs: 1) Minnesota Vikings, 23.7% (9/38) 2) Cleveland Browns, 27.3% (12/44) 3) Carolina Panthers, 27.8% (10/36)
• RB Adrian Peterson surpassed the 10,000 career rushing yard mark with a 211-yard effort vs. Chicago. Peterson, playing in his 101st career game, became the 3rd fastest to reach 10,000 rushing yards behind Eric Dickerson (91 games) and Jim Brown (98 games).
• Vikings KR/WR
• Since 2011, special teams coordinator Mike Priefer’s first year in Minnesota, the Vikings are tied with the Denver Broncos and the Tennessee Titans for the most combined kick return and punt return TDs with 6 (4 kick returns, 2 punt returns). The 4 KR TDs lead the NFL.
• Patterson’s 1,088 kickoff return yards are the most in the NFL in 2013 and ranks 3rd all-time among Vikings rookies. His 109-yard kickoff return TD against Green Bay on 10/27/13 was the longest kickoff return in NFL history. He needs 258 kickoff return yards to break the Vikings single-season record (Buster Rhymes, 1,345 in 1985).
• Peterson rushed for 211 yards on a career high and team record 35 carries vs. Chicago, marking his league leading 5th 100+ yard rushing game this season and his 5th career game with 200+ rushing yards. Peterson’s 5 games of 200+ rushing yards are tied for 2nd all-time with Tiki Barber, trailing only trailing O.J. Simpson (6).
• Vikings K
• Over the past 4 weeks, TE
• Peterson, with 1,208 rushing yards, has more rushing yards than 10 NFL teams entering Week 14.
• Vikings Assistant Head Coach/LB Coach Mike Singletary served as the Inside LBs coach for the Baltimore Ravens from 2003-04.
• Ravens Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Juney Barnett served in the same capacity for the Vikings from 2006-11.
• Ravens TE Coach Wade Harman spent the 1997-98 seasons serving as a Vikings coaching assistant.
• Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier coached the DBs for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1999-2002 while Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh served as the Eagles Special Teams Coordinator.
• Frazier and Ravens Offensive Coordinator Jim Caldwell spent the 2005- 06 seasons together in Indianapolis where Frazier was the Colts Special Assistant to the Head Coach and Caldwell was the Quarterbacks Coach/ Assistant Head Coach.
• Vikings Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave and Ravens Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator Jerry Rosburg worked together for the Falcons in 2007 when Musgrave served as Quarterbacks Coach and Rosburg was the Special Teams Coordinator.
• Ravens WR Marlon Brown and DE DeAngelo Tyson and Vikings K Blair Walsh were teammates together at Georgia.
• Vikings S
• Vikings DT
• Vikings LB
• Ravens T Jah Reid played together with Vikings CB
VIKINGS BIG DAYS VS. RAVENS
• In his lone matchup against the Ravens, RB Adrian Peterson had 22 carries for 143 yards and 4 catches for 23 yards.
• DT Kevin Williams had one of his 8 career multi-sack games against the Ravens on 10/18/09 when he recorded 2.0 sacks.
VIKINGS-RAVENS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings won the last matchup between the two teams 33-31 on 10/18/09. A 31-yard FG by Ryan Longwell with 1:41 left in the 4th quar- ter ended up being the game winner.
• The Vikings and Ravens were originally slated to play each other on Monday, September 17, 2001. However, after the 9/11 tragedies can- celled that week of football games, the two teams ended up playing in the 2001 NFL season finale on Monday, January 7, 2002, a Ravens 19-3 win.
• The last time the Vikings had a player with 200+ receiving yards was when Sidney Rice had 201 yards against Baltimore on 10/18/09.
• This will mark the 5th game the Vikings have played the Ravens, the 2nd-least amount of games against a current NFL team (Houston, 4)
A WIN WOULD...
• Give the Vikings back-to-back wins against the Ravens for the first time in series history
• Give the Vikings their 6th straight victory in the month of December. Vikings RB Adrian Peterson during one
• Give the Vikings back-to-back wins for the first time during the 2013 season.