SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013 - MALL OF AMERICA FIELD - NOON CT - FOX
The Minnesota Vikings (2-8-1) host the Chicago Bears (6-5) for the final time at Mall of America Field on Sunday, December 1 with a kickoff scheduled for noon. The Bears handed the Vikings a 31-30 loss in their 1st matchup of the season in Week 2 on a last second TD. The game marks the 32nd time, including playoffs, the Bears will have played at the Metrodome, the most of any Vikings opponent.
In 11 career games against the Bears, RB
NATIONAL TELEVISION: FOX
Play-by-Play: Thom Brennaman Analyst: Brian Billick sideline Reporter: Laura Okmin
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTCN-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-game Show: Mike Mussman – 10 a.m. CT
KFAN and KTCN serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
STAT OF THE WEEK
RB Adrian Peterson is set to appear in his 100th career game on Sunday at Green Bay, qualifying him for career records as a running back. As it stands, Peterson will rank 3rd in NFL history in yards per game (98.0) behind Jim Brown (104.3) and Barry Sanders (99.8)
• RB Adrian Peterson has 9,846 rushing yards, the 3rd most in NFL history after a player’s first 100 games. He passed Barry Sanders (9,766) and only trails Eric Dickerson (10,818) and Jim Brown (10,403).
• Cole’s 18 tackles at Green Bay are the most in a single game by any Viking this season.
• Since 2011, special teams coordinator Mike Priefer’s first year in Minnesota, the Vikings are tied with the Denver Broncos and the Tennessee Titans for the most combined kick return and punt return TDs with 6 (4 kick returns, 2 punt returns).
• KR Cordarrelle Patterson’s 1,088 kickoff return yards are the most in the NFL in 2013 and ranks 3rd all-time among Vikings rookies. His 109-yard kickoff return TD against Green Bay on 10/27/13 was the longest kickoff return in NFL history. He needs 258 kickoff return yards to break the Vikings single-season record (Buster Rhymes, 1,345 in 1985).
• Patterson set career highs in reception (8) and receiving yards (54) at Green Bay.
• With just 46 penalties called against them, the Vikings have the 2nd least in the NFL (Indianapolis, 44).
• Peterson rushed for 146 yards on 32 carries at Green Bay, marking his 4th 100 yard rushing game this season, tied for the most in the NFL (LeSean McCoy) this season.
• Vikings Head Coach leslie Frazier (1981-86) and Assistant Head Coach/ LB Coach Mike singletary (1981-92) both played for the Bears and helped bring Chicago their only Super Bowl title in 1985.
• Vikings LB Coach Fred Pagac played TE for the Bears in 1974.
• Vikings GM Rick spielman served as the Bears Director of Pro Personnel from 1997-99. Vikings Assistant General Manager George Paton also served on the Bears staff alongside Spielman.
• Vikings Head Athletic Trainer Eric sugarman was an assistant athletic trainer for the Bears from 1997-99.
• Vikings T J’Marcus Webb spent his 1st 3 years with the Chicago Bears and started 44 games at T.
• Isaiah Harris, the Bears Director of Player Development, grew up in Brooklyn Park, Minn. Prior to joining the Bears, Harris served as the Vikings Player Development Assistant (2005-07). He also spent time as an operations intern with the Vikings, over two stints in Minnesota (2000- 02; 04-05), surrounding being signed as a free agent linebacker (2003) with the Atlanta Falcons. Harris played at St. Cloud State in Minnesota from 1997-2001.
• Bears GM Phil Emery and Vikings Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave worked together in Atlanta from 2006-08. Emery also spent time at the U.S. Naval Academy with Vikings Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer from 1994-96.
• Bears WR Brandon Marshall was in Denver with Priefer in 2009.
• Vikings DE Brian Robison played alongside Bears T Jonathan scott in 2005 and DT Henry Melton from 2005-06 while at Texas.
• Vikings DT sharrif Floyd and Bears LB Jon Bostic were teammates at the University of Florida from 2010-12.
VIKINGS BIG DAYS VS. BEARS
• In Week 6 of his rookie season in 2007, RB Adrian Peterson rushed for 224 yards against the Bears, the second-highest rushing yardage total of his career. In addition, Peterson rushed for 3 TDs in a Vikings 34-31 win over their Division rivals.
• KR Cordarrelle Patterson returned the opening kick of the Week 2 matchup 105 yards for a TD.
• DE Brian Robison recoverd a fumble and returned it 61 yards for a TD on 9/15/13. The play was Robison’s first career TD and his longest fumble recovery return.
VIKINGS-BEARS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings and Bears have played 105 times overall with Minnesota holding a 53-50-2 series record.
• The last time the Vikings and Bears met was in Week 2 of the 2013 sea- son at Chicago, a 31-30 Bears victory
• This will be the sixth regular season meeting between Minnesota and Chicago since leslie Frazier became head coach of the Vikings.
• The Vikings and Bears have played four overtime games in series history, with Minnesota holding a 3-1 advantage in those games.
• The Vikings are currently 32-21 when hosting the Bears. The Vikings won the last meeting at Mall of America Field 21-14 on 12/9/12.
A WIN WOULD...
• Give QB Christian Ponder his second victory over Chicago as a starter. It would also give Head Coach Leslie Frazier his second win over Chicago.
• Give the Vikings back-to-back home wins against Chicago for the first time since the 2008-09 seasons.
• Improve Minnesota’s record to 54-50-2 in the overall series.