SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2013 - CENTURYLINK FIELD - 3:25 PM CT - FOX
The Minnesota Vikings (2-7) and Seattle Seahawks (9-1) square off at CenturyLink Field for the 2nd consecutive season for the 1st time in series history. The Vikings came up short, 20-30, in 2012 despite a 182-yard 2-TD performance from RB
Former Seattle Seahawk and current Vikings TE
Seattle WRs Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice (IR) along with Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell and Special Teamer Heath Farwell all spent significant time with the Vikings, including a run to the 2009 NFC Championship game.
NATIONAL TELEVISION: FOX
Play-by-Play: Chris Myers Analyst: Tim Ryan Sideline Reporter: Jennifer Hale
NATIONAL RADIO: Compass Media Networks
Play-by-Play: Matt Smith Analyst: Tony Hill Studio Host: Drew Bontadelli
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTCN-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-game Show: Mike Mussman – 1:30 p.m. CT
KFAN and KTCN serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
STAT OF THE WEEK
The Minnesota Vikings have the 2 league leading return specialists in the NFL. KR
• With 1 rushing TD, RB Adrian Peterson will have recorded 10 rushing TDs in each of his first 7 seasons in the NFL. The rushing TD, Peterson’s 86th, will also tie Priest Holmes for 14th all-time in NFL history. Peterson currently tops the NFL with 9 rushing TDs.
• Peterson recorded his 200th reception against Washington, becoming the 6th RB in Vikings history to achieve the feat.
• Vikings TE John Carlson had 7 catches for 98 yards and 1 TD, all personal bests as a Viking. Carlson was a 2nd-round pick in 2008 by the Seahawks and spent the first 4 seasons of his career in Seattle.
• Despite having only played in 6 games, QB
• Since 2011, special teams coordinator Mike Priefer’s first year in Minnesota, the Vikings are tied with the Denver Broncos and the Tennessee Titans for the most kick return and punt return TDs with 6 (4 kick returns, 2 punt returns).
• For the season, KR Cordarrelle Patterson leads the NFL with 845 kick return yards and 2 kick return TDs.
• Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll served as the DL coach from 1985-1989 under Bud GrantMand Jerry Burns. Carroll also coached 4 current Vikings (M. Cassel, R. Ellison, E. Griffen, M. Kalil) while he was the head coach at Southern California.
• The Week 11 matchup against the Seattle Seahawks marks the 800th regular season contest in Minnesota Vikings history.
• DT Kevin Williams, with 59 sacks, is 11th in career sacks by a DT. With 2 more he ties Michael Dean Perry (61) for 10th all-time.
• Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll coached the DBs for the Vikings from 1985-89. Carroll’s son, Nate, is the Seahawks Offensive Assistant and was born in Edina, Minnesota during the elder Carroll’s stint with the Vikings.
• Seahawks WR Percy Harvin spent the first 4 seasons of his NFL career with the Vikings. During that time, Harvin led the Vikings with 280 recep- tions, 3,302 receiving yards and 20 TDs.
• Seattle’s Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell served as the Vikings Of- fensive Coordinator from 2006-10.
• Seattle area scout Todd Brunner’s father, John, coached for the Min- nesota Vikings from 1987-91.
• Seahawks LB Heath Farwell (2005-10) played for the Vikings and helped the team win 2 NFC North Championships and 1 trip to the NFC Champi- onship game in 2009. Both Farwell and WR Sidney Rice, who played for the Vikings from 2007-10, were selected to the Pro Bowl in 2009.
• Seahawks K Steven Hauschka signed with the Vikings as an undrafted rookie free agent and attending training camp with the team in 2008.
• Vikings TE John Carlson spent his 1st 4 seasons (2008-11) in the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks. Carlson was voted the Seattle Seahawks Man of the Year in 2011 for his community outreach.
• Seattle Seahawks General Manager John Schneider is a graduate of the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul.
• The Seahawks Assistant Director of Pro Personnel Trent Kirchner is a native Minnesotan and attended St. Johns University in Collegeville, Minnesota where he played on the football team. Kirchner also interned with the Minnesota Twins in 1999.
• Sam Ramsden, Seattle’s Director of Health and Player Performance, is from La Crescent, Minnesota.
• Seattle’s WR Coach Kippy Brown and Vikings WR Coach george Stew- art coached together for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1995. Brown served as the RB Coach while Stewart coached special teams.
• Seahawks Assistant Head Coach/OL Coach Tom Cable and Vikings Of- fensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave coached together in Atlanta in 2006. Musgrave was the offensive coordinator while Cable coached the offensive line.
• Vikings LB Coach Fred Pagac and Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll coached together at Ohio State University in 1979.
• Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll and Assistant OL Coach Pat Ruel coached Vikings WR Coach george Stewart at the University of Arkan- sas in 1977. Carroll was a graduate assistant and Ruel was the Assistant OL Coach, while Stewart played G. Carroll and Stewart later coached together with the 49ers in 1996 along with Seahawks TE Coach Pat McPherson.
• Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll coached Vikings QB
VIKINGS BIG DAYS VS. SEAHAWKS
• During his rookie season in 2012, K
• RB Adrian Peterson had a 74-yard run against the Seahawks on 11/4/12. That is the longest run in Peterson’s career that was not a touchdown.
• DT Kevin Williams recorded 4 tackles, 1.0 sack, and scored a touchdown when he recovered a fumble in the end zone against the Seahawks on 10/22/06. The Vikings won 31-13.
VIKINGS-SEAHAWKS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings and Seahawks have met 12 times with the Seahawks hold- ing a 7-5 advantage.
• The Vikings and Seahawks have never played each other in an overtime game.
• The Vikings and Seahawks have split the two games played at Century- Link Field.
• The last time the Vikings and Seahawks met was in week 9 of the 2012 season, a 30-20 Seahawks win.
A WIN WOULD...
• Give the Vikings back-to-back wins for the first time in the 2013 season.
• Give the Vikings their first win at Seattle since 10/22/06.
• Give Head Coach Leslie Frazier his first win against Seattle.