SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2013 - LAMBEAU FIELD - NOON CT - FOX
The Minnesota Vikings (2-8) will play at the Green Bay Packers (5-5) for the 106th meeting between the two teams, the Vikings most common opponent in franchise history. Kickoff is set for 12:00 CT on FOX with Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch and Erin Andrews calling the game.
This will mark the 2nd matchup between the two NFC North foes in the 2013 season. Green Bay won 44-31 in Week 8 on Sunday Night Football. KR
NATIONAL TELEVISION: FOX
Play-by-Play: Kevin Burkhardt Analyst: John Lynch Sideline Reporter: Erin Andrews
NATIONAL RADIO: Sports USA
Play-by-Play: Adam Amin Analyst: Ross Tucker
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTCN-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-game Show: Mike Mussman – 10 a.m. CT
KFAN and KTCN serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
STAT OF THE WEEK
RB Adrian Peterson is set to appear in his 100th career game on Sunday at Green Bay, qualifying him for career records as a running back. As it stands, Peterson will rank 3rd in NFL history in yards per game (98.0) behind Jim Brown (104.3) and Barry Sanders (99.8)
• With 1 rushing TD, RB Adrian Peterson will have recorded 10 rushing TDs in each of his first 7 seasons in the NFL. The rushing TD, Peterson’s 86th, will also tie Priest Holmes for 14th all-time in NFL history. Peterson is currently tied for the NFL lead with 9 rushing TDs.
• Peterson has averaged 115.5 rushing yards a game in his 13 games vs. Green Bay, the most per game by any player against the Packers.
• Since 2011, special teams coordinator Mike Priefer’s first year in Minnesota, the Vikings are tied with the Denver Broncos and the Tennessee Titans for the most kick return and punt return TDs with 6 (4 kick returns, 2 punt returns).
• For the season, KR Cordarrelle Patterson leads the NFL with 962 kick return yards and 2 kick return TDs. His 109-yard kickoff return TD against Green Bay on 10/27/13 was the longest kickoff return in NFL history.
• Patterson’s 962 kickoff return yards are the most by any Vikings player through the first 10 games of a seaosn, breaking Percy Harvin’s record of 924 in 2009.
• With just 41 penalties called against them, the Vikings are tied with Miami for 2nd least in the NFL (Indianapolis, 38).
• Vikings WR
• Packers VP of Football Administration/Player Finance Russ Ball spent time with the Vikings from 1999-2000 as the Senior Football Adminis- trator.
• Packers VP of Sales and Marketing Tim Connolly served 2 seasons as the Vikings Executive VP and GM from 1998-99.
• Packers Area Scout lee Gissendaner went to training camp with the Vi- kings and spent parts of the 1996 season on Minnesota’s practice squad.
• Packers Assistant OL Coach Joel Hilgenberg’s uncle, Wally, played LB for the Vikings from 1967-79.
• Vikings Assistant DL Coach Diron Reynolds’ brother, Jamal, was a 1st round pick for the Green Bay Packers in 2001. Jamal played from 2001-03 with the Packers.
• Vikings RB
• Vikings Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer graduated from high school in Green Bay while his dad coached for the Packers.
• Packers Director of College Scouting Brian Gutekunst’s father was the head coach for the University of Minnesota from 1985-92.
• Packers Director of Research and Development Mike eayrs spent 16 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings as the Director of Research and Development. Eayrs, who was born in West Concord, Minn., holds a bachelor’s degree from Augsburg College in Minneapolis and a master’s degree from the University of South Dakota. Eayrs spent time coaching in Winnebago, Minn. and at Minnesota State, Mankato.
• Vikings rookies P Jeff locke and G
• Vikings QB
• Packers Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers coached with Vikings LB Coach Fred Pagac at Ohio State from 1982-83. Capers coached the sec- ondary while Pagac led the linebackers. Pagac coached Packers DT Ryan Pickett at Ohio State. From 1997-99 Pagac served as the Defensive Coordinator and in 2000 was the Assistant Head Coach.
• Packers LB Clay Matthews and LB nick Perry were teammates at USC with Vikings DE everson Griffen, T
• Vikings Assistant Offensive Line Coach Ryan Silverfield served as a Graduate Assistant at Central Florida during Packers G Josh Sitton’s ju- nior and season seasons. In 2006, Silverfield worked with the offense and in 2007 he worked with the defense.
VIKINGS BIG DAYS VS. PACKERS
• KR Cordarrelle Patterson set an NFL record with the longest kickoff return in history when he took the opening kickoff 109 yards for a TD. The return matched the longest play in NFL history.
• RB Adrian Peterson ran for 210 yards, including a career long 82-yard TD run, on 21 carries during Week 13 of the 2012 season.
• DE Everson Grifffen recorded a career-high 3.0 sacks against the Packers in the final game of the 2012 regular season on 12/30/12.
• Vikings K
• Vikings WR Jarius Wright hauled in the longest reception of his career when he caught a 65-yard pass from
VIKINGS-PACKERS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings and Packers have played 106 times overall with Green Bay holding a 56-49-1 series record.
• The last meeting between the two teams was on Sunday Night Football in Week 8 of the 2013 regular season, a Packers 44-31 win.
• The last overtime meeting between the two teams took place on 11/6/2000, a Packers 26-20 win on Monday Night Football.
• The last meeting between the two teams at Green Bay took place in the Wilf Card Round during last season’s playoffs. Green Bay advanced with a 24-10 victory.
• This will mark the 107th meeting between the two franchises. The Packers are the Vikings most common opponent in franchise history.
A WIN WOULD...
• Give the Vikings their first win at Green Bay since 11/1/09.
• Give Head Coach Leslie Frazier his first win at Green Bay.
• Give the Vikings their 24th win at Green Bay, the 2nd most road wins against one franchise (Detroit, 31).