SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2013 - AT&T STADIUM - NOON CT - FOX
The Minnesota Vikings (1-6) take to the road for a matchup against the Dallas Cowboys (4-4) on Sunday, November 3rd. It is the first contest between the two since 2010, a Vikings 24-21 victory, and the first time Minnesota will play in AT&T Stadium. The two teams have met 28 times and have split the series 14- 14. The Vikings own a 7-5 record on the road against Dallas.
In the 1st game in franchise histroy, the Vikings played the Dallas Cowboys in a preseason game in Sioux Falls, SD on August 5, 1961. The Cowboys defeated the Vikings, 38-13.
TELEVISION: FOX (Channel 9 in the Twin Cities)
Play-by-Play: Joe Buck Analyst: Troy Aikman
Sideline Reporter: Pam Oliver
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTCN-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-Game Show: Mike Mussman – 10:00 a.m. CT
KFAN and KTCN serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
STAT OF THE WEEK
• WR/KR Cordarrelle Patterson tied the NFL record for longest play with a 109-yard TD against the Packers. Patterson now has kick return TDs of 105 and 109 yards and is the only player in the NFL with 2 kick return TDs in 2013.
• Since 2011, special teams coordinator Mike Priefer’s first year in Minnesota, the Vikings are tied with the Denver Broncos and the Tennessee Titans for the most kick return and punt return TDs with 6 (4 kick returns, 2 punt returns).
• The Vikings currently have 7 players on roster that hail from Texas (
• For the season, Patterson leads the league with 703 kick return yards, 39.1 yard kick return average and 2 kick return TDs.
• With 2 tackles, Vikings LB
• Patterson tied Percy Harvin’s team record for most kick return TDs (2) in a season with 9 games to play
• Adrian Peterson currently ranks 2nd among all active players with 87 TDs, trailing only Tony Gonzalez (106).
• The Vikings are only the only team with 3 special teams return TDs and one of two teams (Denver) in the NFL that have scored on a kickoff return and a punt return in the 2013 season.
• The Vikings, with 32 penalites against them, rank tied for the third lowest total in the NFL.
• Vikings WR
• The Vikings selected HKS Sports & Entertainment, who designed the Cowboys new stadium, as their architect for their new stadium scheduled to open for the 2016 season.
• Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Monte Kiffin spent two different stints coaching for the Vikings from 1986-89 and from 1991-94.
• Vikings S Andrew Sendejo played for the Cowboys in 2010 and spent the 2011 preseason with Dallas. Sendejo made his NFL debut as a rookie on special teams with the Cowboys. Sendejo made his 3rd start last week and recorded a career high 13 tackles against the Packers.
• Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson was drafted by the Vikings in 1981. Wilson played for the Vikings from 1981-91 and led them to 3 playoff appearances.
• Vikings Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave was originally drafted by the Cowboys in 1991 in the 4th round but did not play for Dallas.
• Vikings QB Christian Ponder’s father, David, played for the Dallas Cowboys in 1985.
• In the first game in franchise history, the Vikings played the Dallas Cowboys in a preseason game in Sioux Falls, SD, on Aug. 5, 1961. The Cowboys defeated the Vikings, 38-13.
• The Vikings selected HKS Sports & Entertainment, who designed the Cowboys new stadium, as their stadium architect for their new stadium.
• The Vikings currently have 7 players on roster that hail from Texas (Christian Ponder - Colleyville, Adrian Peterson - Palestine, Andrew Sendejo - San Antonio, Cullen Loeffler - Ingram, J’Marcus Webb - Fort Worth, Charlie Johnson - Sherman and Brian Robison - Splendora).
• Cowboys LB Kyle Bosworth was teammates with Vikings G
• Vikings T
• Cowboys LB Sean Lee was teammates with Vikings LBs
• Vikings DT
• Vikings DE
VIKINGS BIG DAYS VS. COWBOYS
• As a member of the Kansas City Chiefs, DE
• RB Adrian Peterson rushed 12 times for 63 yards and 1 TD during his rookie season on 10/21/07.
• In Super Bowl XLV, WR Greg Jennings led the Green Bay Packers with 2 receiving TDs. Jennings finished with 4 catches for 64 yards to go along with the two scores.
• Vikings DT
VIKINGS-COWBOYS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings and Cowboys have met 28 times, splitting the series 14-14.
• The last regular season meeting took place on 10/17/10, a 24-21 Vikings win.
• The Vikings and Cowboys have met 7 times in the postseaon with the Cowboys holding a 3-4 lead.
• The Vikings have won 7 out of the last 8 meetings between the two teams.
• This will be the first meeting between the teams at AT&T Stadium.
A WIN WOULD...
• Give the Vikings their 3rd consecutive victory over the Cowboys dating back to 1/17/10.
• Give Leslie Frazier his first win over Dallas as head coach of the Vikings.
• Give the Vikings their first win at Dallas since 11/23/00.