In Week 17, the Vikings secured the NFC North crown after defeating the Green Bay Packers, 20-13, at Lambeau Field. The Seahawks beat the Arizona Cardinals, 36-6, on the road in the regular season finale.
The Vikings defense allowed the 5th-fewest points per game (19.3) in the NFL in the regular season. DE
NATIONAL TELEVISION: NBC (Channel 11 in the Twin Cities)
Play-by-Play: Al Michaels Analyst: Cris Collinsworth
Sideline: Michele Tafoya
NATIONAL RADIO: WESTWOOD ONE
Play-by-Play: Kevin Kugler Analyst: James Lofton
Pre-Game and Halftime Show: Scott Graham
LOCAL RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3/KTLK-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman
Pre-Game Show: Mike Mussman – 10 a.m. CT
KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
• In 4 career playoff games, RB Adrian Peterson has 367 rushing yards on 93 attempts and 41 receiving yards on 4 receptions. Peterson has scored 5 career TDs, all rushing, in the postseason, including a team- record 3 TDs in 1 game at New Orleans (1/24/10).
• Vikings LB
• After throwing a career-high 4 TDs and rushing for 1 TD vs. Chicago (12/20), QB
• With a .687 regular season win percentage (11-5) in 2 years at TCF Bank Stadium, the Vikings finished with the highest home win percentage all-time among teams playing in a temporary stadium and are the only team to make the playoffs while playing in a temporary stadium.
• With 52 receptions, WR
• Seattle Seahawks Executive VP of Football Operations and Head Coach Pete Carroll served as the DBs coach with the Minnesota Vikings from 1985-89. Carroll’s son, Nate, is the Seahawks Assistant WRs Coach and was born in Edina, Minnesota during the elder Carroll’s stint with the Vikings.
• Seahawks Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell served in the same role for the Vikings from 2006-10 and was with the Vikings for their last playoff win in 2009.
• Seahawks FB Derrick Coleman signed with the Vikings as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2012.
• Seahawks QB Tarvaris Jackson was originally drafted by Minnesota in the 2nd round of the 2006 NFL Draft (64th overall). He spent 5 seasons with the Vikings, playing in 36 games with 20 starts.
• Vikings DB coach Jerry Gray coached the Seahawks DBs in 2010.
• Seattle area scout Todd Brunner’s father, John, coached for the Minnesota Vikings from 1987-91.
• Vikings Coaching Assistant Drew Petzing and Seahawks K Steven Hauschka were teammates at Middlebury College. Hauschka originally signed with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2008.
• Seattle Seahawks Co-Director of Player Personnel Trent Kirchner graduated from St. John’s University in Minnesota, where he played QB for 2 years. He interned with the Minnesota Twins in 1999.
• Seahawks Research Analyst Brian Eayrs attended Augsburg College in Minneapolis where he played QB. Eayrs’ father, Mike, held a similar position for the Vikings and Packers before recently retiring.
• Seahawks Director of Health and Player Performance Sam Ramsden grew up in La Crescent, Minnesota.
• Seattle Seahawks General Manager John Schneider is a graduate of the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul.
• Vikings WR
• Vikings K Blair Walsh and Seahawks DE Demarcus Dobbs played at Georgia together from 2008-10.
• Vikings S
• Vikings CB
• There are seven players from UCLA in this matchup: Vikings LB
• Vikings DE Everson Griffen and T
VIKINGS-SEAHAWKS SERIES NOTES
• Prior to Sunday's game, the Vikings and Seahawks have never played each other in a playoff contest or an overtime game.
• The Vikings have a 3-3 mark against the Seahawks at home and will host the Seahawks outdoors in Minnesota for only the 3rd time. The 2
teams played at Met Stadium in 1976 when the Vikings won 27-21 and earlier this season when the Seahawks won 38-7.
• Seattle’s 1st Head Coach in franchise history was former Vikings DL Coach Jack Patera. Patera coached for the Vikings from 1969-75 and for the Seahawks from 1976-82.
A WIN WOULD
• Improve Mike Zimmer’s record as a head coach to 19-14 and bump Teddy Bridgewater’s record as a starting QB to 18-11 and give them each their 1st playoff victory.
• Give the Vikings their 7th home win on the season and give them their 1st playoff win since 2009 and
• Snap a 3-game skid vs. Seattle.