The Minnesota Vikings (5-3) hit the road for the first time since week 6 to take on the Seattle Seahawks (4-4) at CenturyLink Field on November 4, 2012. The Seahawks are 3-0 at home, while the Vikings are 1-2 on the road in 2012. Minnesota has taken 3 of the last 4 games against the Seattle Seahawks.
A trio of former Vikings, LB Heath Farwell, WR Sidney Rice and Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell, will face the Vikings for the 1st time since departing after the 2010 season. The three helped the Vikings reach the 2009 NFC Championship game and both Farwell and Rice were selected to the Pro Bowl following the 2009 NFL season. Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll also spent time with the Vikings from 1985-89 tutoring the DBs.
Vikings-Seahawks Gameday Page
Click here to visit the Vikings-Seahawks gameday page on vikings.com. Here you'll be able to track the game live as it happens with live scoring plus stats and info. Additionally, chat live with vikings.com's Mike Wobschall and other Vikings fans as the game is happening.
Game Press Release
TV: KMSP 9 / FOX
Play-By-Play: Chris Myers Analyst: Tim Ryan
Sideline Reporter: Jaime Maggio
RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3 / KTLK-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporters: Greg Coleman & Ben Leber
Pre-Game Show: 1 PM CT
KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 74-station, 6-state Minnesota Vikings Radio Network. Click here to view all stations on the Vikings Radio Network.
• Vikings WR Percy Harvin is tied for 1st in the NFL with 60 receptions. Harvin’s is tied for the most receptions through 8 games in franchise history with Cris Carter, who caught 60 in 1994. Harvin has caught a pass in every game he’s played in his career including playoff s (55).
• Vikings RB Adrian Peterson leads the NFL with 775 rushing yards and ranks 6th among RBs with a 5.1 yards per carry average.
• Vikings K Blair Walsh is tied for the League lead with 31 kickoff touchbacks. Walsh is also tied for 3rd in the NFL with 17 FGs made and has the 4th most points scored in the NFL with 68.
• The Vikings 73 sacks since the start of the 2011 season are the most in the NFL. During that same time span, the Vikings have the most forced fumbles (25) and are tied for the 2nd most fumble recoveries (21) in the League.
• The Vikings rank 1st in the NFL with 11 runs of 20+ yards.
• Vikings RB Adrian Peterson set a team record for most 100-yard rushing games in a career with his 30th against Tampa Bay. Peterson also recorded his 12th career run of 50+ yards, which is tied for the most in franchise history with Robert Smith.
• Vikings DE Jared Allen has recorded a sack in 6 straight games. Allen set the team record with 11 straight games with at least 0.5 sack from 2010-11.
• The Vikings have allowed only 20 plays of 20+ yards, which ranks 4th in the League.
• Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph is 3rd in the League lead among all TEs with 5 TD catches.
• The Vikings rank 2nd in the NFL in 1st down rushing defense allowing only 3.44 yards per rush.
• With his 31-yard INT return TD vs. Arizona (10/21), Vikings S Harrison Smith is the 1st Vikings rookie to return an INT for a TD since 2003.
• The Vikings, with a 25.3 average rank 2nd in the NFL in average starting position following a kickoff.
• The Vikings are tied for the League lead with only 7 dropped passes during the 2012 season.
• Over the last 2 meetings, the Vikings have held the Seahawks to 57 rushing yards on 33 carries.
• Vikings WR Percy Harvin (35.7) and Seahawks RB Leon Washington (29.8) rank 1st and 2nd respectively in KOR avg. in the NFC.
Vikings Big Days vs. Seahawks
• DE Jared Allen recorded the first interception of his career against the Seahawks as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs on 10/29/06.
• During his rookie season in 2009, WR Percy Harvin caught 5 passes for 79 yards and 1 TD against the Seahawks on 11/22/09. The Vikings won the game 35-9 and Harvin went on to win NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year honors following the season.
• RB Adrian Peterson led the Vikings with 82 rushing yards on 24 carries against the Seahawks on 11/22/09.
• DT Kevin Williams recorded 4 tackles, 1.0 sack, and scored a touchdown when he recovered a fumble in the end zone against the Seahawks on 10/22/06. The Vikings won 31-13.
Vikings vs. Seahawks Series Notes
• The Vikings and Seahawks have played 11 times overall with Seattle holding a 6-5-0 series record.
• The last time the Vikings and Seahawks met was in Week 11 of 2009 at Mall of America Field, a Vikings 35-9 win.
• This will be the first regular season meeting between Minnesota and Seattle since Leslie Frazier became head coach of the Vikings.
• The Vikings and Seahawks have never played an overtime game in their series history.
• The Vikings have won 3 of the past 4 games between the two teams.
• The Vikings are currently 2-4 against the Seahawks on the road. Minnesota won their last trip to Seattle 31-13 in 2006.
A Win Would...
• Improve the Vikings record against the NFC to 344-272-9 all time.
• Improve the Vikings record against the NFC West to 65-44-3 all time.
• Improve Minnesota’s record to 6-6-0 in the overall series with the Seahawks.
• Give Leslie Frazier his 1st win over the Seahawks in his first game against them as Vikings Head Coach.
• Give the Vikings their third-straight win over the Seahawks.
• Give the Vikings their second-straight win over the Seahawks at CenturyLink Field.
• Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll coached the DBs for the Vikings from 1985-89. Carroll’s son, Nate, is the Seahawks Defensive Assistant and was born in Edina, Minnesota during the elder Carroll’s stint with the Vikings.
• Seattle’s Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell served as the Vikings Offensive Coordinator from 2006-10.
• Seattle area scout Todd Brunner’s father, John, coached for the Minnesota Vikings from 1987-91.
• Seahawks LB Heath Farwell (2005-10) and WR Sidney Rice (2007-10) played for the Vikings and helped the team win 2 NFC North Championships and 1 trip to the NFC Championship game in 2009. Both Farwell and Rice were selected to the Pro Bowl in 2009.
• Seahawks K Steven Hauschka signed with the Vikings as an undrafted rookie free agent and attending training camp with the team in 2008.
• Vikings TE John Carlson spent his 1st 4 seasons (2008-11) in the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks. Carlson was voted the Seattle Seahawks Man of the Year in 2011 for his community outreach.
• Vikings P Chris Kluwe originally signed with the Seattle Seahawks and was claimed off waivers by the Vikings in 2005.
• Seattle Seahawks General Manager John Schneider is a graduate of the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul.
• The Seahawks Assistant Director of Pro Personnel Trent Kirchner is a native Minnesotan and attended St. Johns University in Collegeville, Minnesota where he played on the football team. Kirchner also interned with the Minnesota Twins in 1999.
• Sam Ramsden, Seattle’s Director of Health and Player Performance, is from A La Crescent, Minnesota.
• Seattle’s WR Coach Kippy Brown and Vikings WR Coach George Stewart coached together for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1995. Brown served as the RB Coach while Stewart coached special teams.
• Seahawks Assistant Head Coach/OL Coach Tom Cable and Vikings Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave coached together in Atlanta in 2006. Musgrave was the offensive coordinator while Cable coached the offensive line.
• Vikings LB Coach Fred Pagac and Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll coached together at Ohio State University in 1979.
• Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll and Assistant OL Coach Pat Ruel coached Vikings WR Coach George Stewart at the University of Arkansas in 1977. Carroll was a graduate assistant and Ruel was the Assistant OL Coach, while Stewart played G. Carroll and Stewart later coached together with the 49ers in 1996 along with Seahawks TE Coach Pat McPherson.
• Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll coached Vikings T Matt Kalil, TE Rhett Ellison and DE Everson Griffen at the University of Southern California.