The Minnesota Vikings (6-4) take on NFC North rival the Chicago Bears (7- 3) on Sunday, November 25 at Solider Field. The Vikings, who are coming off their bye week, face the Bears for the 1st of 2 matchups in 3 weeks.
The Vikings are 2-0 in the NFC North with both victories coming against the Detroit Lions. Minnesota is seeking their 1st win at Soldier Field since 2007. Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator Mike Tice spent 12 years with the Vikings organization as a player and coach. Tice served as the Vikings head coach for the final game in 2001 and from 2002-05.
Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier (1981-86) and Special Assistant to the Head Coach/LB Coach Mike Singletary (1981-92) both played for the Bears and helped bring Chicago their only Super Bowl title in 1985. Singletary holds the Bears team record with 10 consecutive Pro Bowls. Vikings LB Coach Fred Pagac also played TE for the Bears in 1974.
Vikings-Bears Gameday Page
Click here to visit the Vikings-Bears gameday page on vikings.com. Here you'll be able to track the game live as it happens with live scoring plus stats and info. Additionally, chat live with vikings.com's Mike Wobschall and other Vikings fans as the game is happening.
Game Press Release
TV: KMSP 9 / FOX
Play-By-Play: Kenny Albert Analyst: Daryl Johnston
Sideline Reporter: Tony Sirgusa
RADIO: KFAN-FM 100.3 / KTLK-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporters: Greg Coleman & Ben Leber
Pre-Game Show: 10 AM CT
KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 74-station, 6-state Minnesota Vikings Radio Network. Click here to view all stations on the Vikings Radio Network.
• Vikings RB Adrian Peterson leads the NFL with 1,128 rushing yards, more yards than 21 NFL teams and tied for 2nd with 7 rushing TDs. Peterson has 4 consecutive games of 100+ yards for the 2nd time in his career and 1st since 2008. RB Robert Smith holds the team record with 5 straight games with 100+ yards. Peterson is also tied with former Vikings RB Michael Bennett for the most consecutive games with a 60+ yard run in NFL history with 3. Peterson set a new Vikings record with his 5th career 1,000-yard rushing seasons.
• Vikings WR Percy Harvin is tied for 8th in the NFL with 62 receptions. Harvin has caught a pass in every game he’s played in his career including playoff s (56). Harvin (35.9) is also 2nd in the NFL in KOR avg.
• Vikings K Blair Walsh is 2nd in the League with 41 kickoff touchbacks, which is the Vikings franchise record for touchbacks in a season (previously 40). Walsh is also 3rd in the NFL with 23 FGs made and has the 4th most points scored in the NFL with 90. Walsh is poised to break the Vikings rookie scoring record of 106 points held by Randy Moss.
• Walsh is 2nd in team history with 5 FG of 50+ yards in a season, trailing Ryan Longwell’s 6 in 2008.
• The Vikings 76 sacks since the start of the 2011 season are tied for the most in the NFL. During that same time span, the Vikings are tied for the 3rd most forced fumbles (26) and are tied for the 2nd most fumble recoveries (22) in the League.
• The Vikings rank 1st in the NFL with 17 runs of 20+ yards and 3 runs of 50+ yards.
• Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph is tied for 3rd in the League among all TEs with 6 TD catches and is tied for 5th in Vikings history for TDs by a TE in a season, trailing Visanthe Shiancoe’s team record 11 set in 2009.
• According to League stats, LB Chad Greewnay is tied for the League lead in tackles with 100.
• The Vikings rank 2nd in the NFL in 1st down rushing defense allowing only 3.63 yards per rush.
• With his 31-yard INT return TD vs. Arizona (10/21), Vikings S Harrison Smith is the 1st Vikings rookie to return an INT for a TD since 2003. Smith will start his 11th game in Week 12, which will place him in a tie for 3rd in Vikings history among rookie safeties, trailing Chuck Lamson’s 14 in 1962 for the team record.
• The Vikings, with a 25.6 avg., rank 2nd in the NFL in average starting position following a kickoff.
• Vikings DT Kevin Williams will make his 151st career start in week 12, which will put him 2nd in franchise history behind Hall of Famer Alan Page’s 157 starts at DT.
• The NFC North is the only division in the NFL to have 3 teams with winning records.
Vikings Big Days vs. Bears
• DE Jared Allen recorded 3.5 sacks against the Bears in the 2011 season finale, giving him 22.0 sacks on the season and breaking the previous Vikings single-season sack record of 21.0 held by Hall of Famer DE Chris Doleman.
• WR Percy Harvin caught 10 passes for 115 yards against the Bears on 1/1/12 at Mall of America Field. The Bears won the game 17-13
• P Chris Kluwe punted 9 times for an average of 47.4 with a long of 62, including one inside of the 20-yard line on 11/30/08. Kluwe also placed the Bears inside the 20-yard line four times on 12/17/07.
• In Week 6 of his rookie season in 2007, RB Adrian Peterson rushed for 224 yards against the Bears, the second-highest rushing yardage total of his career. In addition, Peterson rushed for 3 TDs in a Vikings 34-31 win over their Division rivals.
Vikings vs. Bears Series Notes
• The Vikings and Bears have played 102 times overall with Minnesota holding a 52-48-2 series record.
• The last time the Vikings and Bears met was in Week 17 of the 2011 season at Mall of America Field, a Bears 17-13 win.
• This will be the third regular season meeting between Minnesota and Chicago since Leslie Frazier became head coach of the Vikings. His record is 0-2 against the Bears.
• The Vikings and Bears have played four overtime games in series history, with Minnesota holding a 3-1 advantage in those games.
• The Vikings are currently 21-27-2 when visiting the Bears. The Bears won 39-10 in the last contest between the teams at Soldier Field in 2011 on Sunday Night Football.
A Win Would...
• Improve the Vikings record against the NFC to 345-273-9 all time.
• Improve the Vikings record against the NFC North to 169-134-4 all time.
• Improve Minnesota’s record to 53-48-2 in the overall series with the Bears.
• Give Leslie Frazier his 1st win over the Bears as Vikings head coach.
• Give the Vikings their first win over the Bears since 2009.
• Give the Vikings their first win over the Bears at Soldier Field since 2007.
• Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator Mike Tice spent 12 years with the Vikings organization as a player and coach. Tice served as the Vikings head coach for the final game in 2001 and from 2002-05, as well as the OL coach from 1997-2001and the TEs coach in 1996. Tice played TE for the Vikings from 1992-93 and also in 1995. Under Tice’s tutelage, the Vikings went 32-33 in the regular season and 1-1 in the playoff s.
• Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier (1981-86) and Special Assistant to the Head Coach/LB Coach Mike Singletary (1981-92) both played for the Bears and helped bring Chicago their only Super Bowl title in 1985.
• Bears CB Zackary Bowman signed with the Vikings on March 27, 2012 but was released following training camp.
• Vikings LB Coach Fred Pagac played TE for the Bears in 1974.
• Vikings GM Rick Spielman served as the Bears Director of Pro Personnel from 1997-99. Vikings Assistant General Manager George Paton also served on the Bears staff alongside Spielman.
• Vikings Head Athletic Trainer Eric Sugarman was an assistant trainer for the Bears from 1997-99.
• Bears TE Matt Spaeth, a St. Michael, Minn. native, was a standout high school football and basketball player for St. Michael-Albertville HS. Spaeth went on to play for the Minnesota Gophers and set the school record for receptions by a tight end. In 2006, He won the John Mackey Award, given annually to the nation’s top tight end.
• Isaiah Harris, the Bears Director of Player Development, grew up in Brooklyn Park, Minn. Prior to joining the Bears, Harris served as the Vikings Player Development Assistant (2005-07). He also spent approximately five years as an operations intern with the Vikings, over two stints in Minnesota (2000-02; 04-05), surrounding being signed as a free agent linebacker (2003) with the Atlanta Falcons. Harris played at St. Cloud State in Minnesota from 1997-2001.
• Bears GM Phil Emery and Vikings Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave worked together in Atlanta from 2006-08. Emery also spent time at the U.S. Naval Academy with Vikings Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer from 1994-96.
• Bears Head Coach Lovie Smith and Vikings Defensive Coordinator Alan Williams coached together in Tampa Bay in 2001. Smith also coached alongside Vikings LB Coach Fred Pagac Ohio State in 1995 while Vikings CB Antoine Winfield was on the roster.
• Bears Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach Rod Marinelli and Vikings DB Coach Joe Woods coached together in Tampa Bay in 2004- 05. Bears QB Coach Jeremy Bates also coached in Tampa Bay in 2004.
• Mike Priefer coached with Jeremy Bates in Denver from 2009-10. Bears WR Brandon Marshall was also in Denver with Priefer in 2009.
• Bears TE Coach Mike DeBord coached Vikings TE John Carlson in Seattle from 2008-09. Bears DL Coach Mike Phair also coached in Seattle from 2008-10.
• Bears CB Kelvin Hayden (2005-10), Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier (2005-06), Defensive Coordinator Alan Williams (2002-11), G Charlie Johnson (2006-10) all spent time together with the Indianapolis Colts and helped the franchise win its fi rst Super Bowl since 1970.
• Jeremy Bates coached Vikings T Matt Kalil, TE Rhett Ellison and DE Everson Griffen at USC in 2009. Bears G Chilo Rachal played 1 season with Griffen and Ellison in 2007.
• Bears WR coach Darryl Drake was at Texas with Vikings LS Cullen Loeffl er from 2000-03 and DE Brian Robison in 2003. Robison also played alongside Bears T Jonathan Scott in 2005 and DE Henry Melton from 2005-06.
• Bears RB Armando Allen played at Notre Dame with Vikings S Harrison Smith from 2007-10, TE Kyle Rudolph from 2008-10, S Robert Blanton from 2008-10), and C John Sullivan and TE John Carlson in 2007.
• Vikings WR Percy Harvin and Bears S Major Wright were teammates at the University of Florida from 2007-08.
• Bears QB Jason Campbell and Vikings WR Devin Aromashodu played together at Auburn from 2002-04.
• Vikings CB Marcus Sherels and Bears TE Matt Spaeth were teammates at Minnesota in 2006.
• Bears T J’Marcus Webb and Vikings WR Stephen Burton played together at West Texas A&M in 2009.