Do you have what it takes to rock with the Skol Line?!
OPEN AUDITIONS FOR THE 2016 SKOL LINE
WILL BE HELD AT THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS HEADQUARTERS
AT WINTER PARK IN EDEN PRAIRIE
ON MONDAY, MAY 9th AT 6:00 PM.
• be at least 18 years of age by 8/1/16 (please bring valid driver’s license, state ID or passport).
• attend ALL Vikings home games (including preseason).
• be able to perform in front of large audiences with precision, accuracy and enthusiasm.
• be able to commute to Eden Prairie for weekly evening rehearsals. These will be held on Monday evenings through August and on Wednesday evenings for the remainder of the season. No more than two absences will be tolerated.
• have previous drum corps or marching band experience.
• read and prepare music outside of rehearsal.
• represent themselves and the Minnesota Vikings in a positive and professional manner.
• make a one year commitment to the Skol Line that includes not only games, but other Viking and community events throughout the year.
• Must be able to meet physical demands of carrying equipment or instrumentation during performances, game days, and rehearsals as required by this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• provide a completed and signed application and release/waiver (forms will be distributed at Open Auditions).
• register and attend the Open Audition at Winter Park on May 9th at 6:00 PM.
Open Auditions (mandatory for all returning members and new applicants)
Date: Monday, May 9th
Time: 6:00 PM - All applicants are required to be there for the duration of Open Auditions. Call time is 6:00 PM, end time may vary pending the number of applicants
Location: Winter Park Fieldhouse | 9520 Viking Dr. | Eden Prairie, MN 55344- Enter thru the loading dock/garage door located on the East side of Winter Park, next to the Vikings ship- Please park in the Olympic Place parking ramp (located behind the blue building on Washington Ave.) directly across from the Vikings ship at Winter Park.
Details: Candidates will need to download and prepare the 30 second basic audition piece which will be included in the confirmation e-mail after successfully registering for Open Auditions. In addition to that prepared piece, the audition will also consist of a 15-30 second solo piece played on the instrument for which the candidate is auditioning. This solo is to show the judges a sampling of the candidate’s performance capabilities. The solo does not have to be written out, but flashy and energetic is desired. Additionally, please make sure that you are able to play with the Mp3 that is posted as that will be a part of the audition. These audition pieces are also posted at the bottom of this page for your convenience.
What to Bring: Drums and cymbals will be provided, but please bring your own marching sticks and wear comfortable clothes. We want you to be able to move and show the energy that is required of a Skol Line member. There will be a few pairs of Bass Drum and Quint mallets available if you don't own any. Please remember to bring a valid photo ID. Returning members, please bring your Skol Line jersey to Open Auditions.
Application paperwork will be distributed at check-in.
Open Auditions are closed to the public.
For questions, please e-mail email@example.com and we will answer them as soon as possible.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR YOUR OPEN AUDITION
Final Auditions (selected candidates only)
Date: Monday, May 23rd
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Mall of America | Rotunda | 1st floor, East Side
Details: Final Auditions will consist of a solo and ensemble playing in larger groups, as well as performances by the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders and the 2015 Skol Line. This event is FREE and open to the public so encourage your family and friends to come cheer you on! There is limited seating on a first-come, first-serve basis.
NOTE: Participants must have been selected through Open Auditions to be judged at the Final Auditions. We will not accept walk up applicants on this day.
Final team selection for the 2016 Skol Line will be announced on vikings.com and via e-mail by Wednesday, May 25th.
To audition for the Minnesota Vikings Skol Line, you MUST register by filling out the mandatory information on vikings.com. A confirmation e-mail will be sent following your successful registration. Click here to register!
For any further questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Skol Line is sponsored by Yamaha Drums, Sabian Cymbals, Remo Drum heads, Innovative Percussion, and Groth Music.