The Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders Junior Cheerleader (JR MVC) program is designed specifically to promote self-esteem, pride, commitment and FUN among young women ages 3 - 14 years old. This program offers a rare and special opportunity to perform during a professional production in front of 64,000 Minnesota Vikings fans at the Metrodome at Mall of America Field. Junior MVC will attend rehearsal sessions were they will learn warm ups, stretches, dance skills and choreography from the 2013 Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders. Junior MVC will participate in clinics taught by the team and will have the opportunity to be involved in our “healthy habit” discussions. Participants are divided into small groups by their age and work closely with their "big sister" MVC. No tryouts are required! This program is tailored to girls of all ages and ability levels.
Registration for 2013 is now closed
To register follow these simple steps:
1. Click here for the Release/Waiver form
Here is the replica “ Vikes Dress” Costume for 2013!
& the official boot spats that come with the costume!
** NOTE: This is year TWO for costumes!
We have a new design every other year to save you money!
• Performers must be 3 - 14 years of age to participate. Different levels of participation are offered based on age groups.
• Performers age 3 – 5 will be in our Junior Angels group.
• Angels must be 3 years of age by July 1, 2013 –
• NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Must be potty trained and able to separate from parents to work with the group instructor(s).
• Junior Angels will attend rehearsals, as noted in a shortened capacity. They will participate in a similar fashion to the Junior MVC, but will not have as long of rehearsals and will not learn as much choreography. At that age, we feel coming to learn a shorter routine/combo, wearing the uniform, getting their photo taken and performing at the game with the MVC in a simple capacity allows the younger siblings and future Junior MVC the chance to experience what Junior MVC will be like, but at a level that is fun for them, and not too over-whelming. Junior Angels will be grouped together and have “MVC Leaders” to direct them at all times. They will be the cutest ones on the field!
• Performers age 6 – 14 will be in our Junior Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders group.
• Juniors must be 6 years of age by July 1, 2013!!!
Rehearsal Dates: October 10th- 12th, 2013
All rehearsals are mandatory for performance during halftime!
Thursday, October 10th, from 6:30 – 8:30 PM - Junior MVC
***Angels will rehearse from 6:30 – 8 PM only!
Friday, October 11th, from 6:30-8:30 PM – Junior MVC
***Angels will rehearse from 6:30 – 8 PM only!
Saturday, October 12th, from 2:30- 6:30
***Angels will rehearse from 4-6:30
Sunday, October 13th Performance Vikings vs. Panther s- There will be a pre-game rehearsal at the Dome on game day from approximately 8:30-9am for all halftime participants. Kick-off is at NOON and the dancers will perform during halftime!
Rehearsals, other than on game day, will take place at the Winter Park Field House in Eden Prairie, MN. The facility address is: 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344. Please enter through the loading dock garage door off of Washington Avenue on the East side of the building. Parking is in the ramp across the street on Washington Avenue.
Directions from 494:
-Exit 169 North
-Exit Valley View Rd. Turn left onto Valley View Rd.
-Turn left onto Washington Ave.
-The Winter Park Field House facility will be on your right side.
-The Parking Ramp is on the left (please use the correct entrance by using the round about)
-Please enter through loading dock door off of Washington Ave.
To participate, you must purchase or have game tickets - both the performer and the guardian! EVERYONE will need to purchase their game tickets separately from the program registration. Each dancer will need a chaperone/parent/guardian with them on game day. Both the performer and the chaperone will need to purchase a ticket to the game, if you do not already or have access to tickets. You can purchase additional tickets for your family and friends. We have blocked seats in the upper deck, in a LARGE section, at a discounted rate. You are free to find other tickets in the stadium, in other locations, if you prefer. Place orders for your Junior MVC, chaperone and guests all at once if you want them to be seated together in the stands. Please see the ticket order form above or for other seat options contact the Vikings ticket office at 612.33.VIKES. Please place all orders through the ticket office directly and do not include with your Junior Cheer registration. Don't delay! Tickets in the discounted area are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Sunday, October 13th, 2013 Vikings vs. Panthers – NOON Kick-off
*** Times, directions and further details regarding game day specifics will be given out during rehearsal. Reminder – you will need to arrive at approximately 8:30am for our pre-game rehearsal. Everyone will need a game ticket in order to enter the Dome.
See the registration form for full details and pricing guide.
A sibling discount is available. This discounted rate is good for siblings only.
MVC Junior Cheerleader Package includes:
• An official Minnesota Vikings Junior Cheerleader T-shirt ($28 retail value)
• Set of official Junior MVC poms ($60 retail value)
• Official Junior MVC replica “Vikes Dress” with the famous “V” go-go boots/spats ($230 retail value) ***If you participated last year, JR MVC will be wearing the same costume as it is year TWO for this costume.
• Discounted ticket purchase power for family and friends
• A game day snack is provided for the dancer. (Value $5)
• One-on-one coaching by members of the current MVC team and the MVC coaching staff during the clinics/rehearsals!
• Official choreography & performance during a professional NFL half-time production. (Retail value -priceless!)
• Pictures and autographs with the current Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders.
• Official certificate of participation in the 2013 Minnesota Vikings Junior Cheerleading Program. Additional awards are given to participants for multiple years with the Junior MVC program!! (varying value)
• Participation in a photo session with the MVC for the “Junior MVC team photo”
• Opportunity to purchase official MVC Junior branded merchandise (optional)
• AND MORE!!!!
TOTAL VALUE is over $400 (without game tickets.)
Rules & Regulations
• No tryouts required!
• Bring a water bottle to practices. No food is allowed into the field house during rehearsals! Please eat before arriving and plan accordingly.
• No refunds on fees, t-shirts, costumes, JR optional merchandise or alterations on sizing will be allowed.
• Parents must pick-up and drop-off their child each day. A matching wristband will be issued at the time of drop-off. Parents will be asked to leave the facility during the actual rehearsal time because of distractions, security and lack of space. All practices are closed to the public.
• A full refund will be given to participants if the program fills and your registration cannot be accepted!! No other refunds can be offered.
Questions regarding the Junior Cheerleaders can be sent to: email@example.com
2013 Junior Cheerleader Notes
* Registration Forms and Video orders can be mailed to the MVC Junior Cheerleader address listed on the form or faxed in. The registration deadline is September 18th !
* The optional DVD for purchase will be a game day performance video and we do not guarantee that every child will be filmed OR photographed.
* A confirmation e-mail of your acceptance into the program (based on a first come, first serve policy) will be e-mailed out within days of the receipt of your registration. The final confirmation e-mail, to come out October 1st , will include more detailed information and answers to your last minute questions.
* If you are traveling in from out of state, there are many hotels in the surrounding area, especially off of the corner of Hwy. 100 and Int. 494. Make it a mini-vacation!
* Junior MVC Cheerleader optional additional merchandise will be available! These items will be available during rehearsals. Sizes and availability cannot be guaranteed. First come, first serve.
* There will be a parent meeting to review and discuss the game day events and the activities for the week. This meeting will be held at the end of practice on Saturday, October 12th . All times and details will be outlined in the handouts provided at that time. Plan to attend! You can also bring a video camera at that time to tape your little one in action.
* Please plan to reference this detailed information for answers to your questions. Print off a copy of this page for your easy access and reference.
Don’t miss your chance to a part of the National Champion MVC All Stars!
The Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders All Stars are a competitive youth program (grades 1-12) that rehearse under the direction MVC Alumni Coaches each Thursday evening from early September 2013 – February 2014 at Winter Park in Eden Prairie. During their season the MVC All Stars compete at local and national competitions, volunteer at monthly charity/community events and have several unique performance opportunities including a show at the Mall of America!
Date: Sunday, September 8
Time: 2-6pm (will be held in shifts)
* Please note that auditions are NOT held during Junior Cheer this year.
Location: Winter Park – 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Cost: $25 registration fee (waived if you participate in the Junior Cheer Program)
Make payable to Minnesota Vikings - credit card or cash preferred.
More specific details to follow!
If you are interested in auditioning for the 2013 Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders All Stars, please be sure to check the “All Star” box on your Junior Cheer application or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To learn more about the MVC All Stars please visit http://www.vikings.com/cheerleaders/mvc-programs.html.
* MVC All Star Team MISSION STATEMENT -
To provide a well-developed dance program for youth that will not only advance the skill level of dancers, but will encourage community involvement, teamwork, dedication, strong work ethic, respect and improve upon self-esteem in a more detailed and dedicated way then Junior MVC.
By auditioning for this program, you will have the opportunity to be selected to be on this ELITE performance and competition team!! The MVC All Stars consist of dancers that practice weekly during the year at Winter Park and then perform on the plaza for Vikings games, in the community and again in 2012 will compete against other All Star teams locally and nationally. Additional fees are associated with the program for costuming, competition fees, etc. The team had an amazingly successful season last year with teams winning Grand Champion National titles. We have five of our most veteran alumni MVC captains as coaches/assistants for the program. They work on team skills, dance technique, cheers and performance qualities. This team will be an INVITE ONLY group!
THANK YOU for your interest in the JR MVC, Angels and All Star Program!