Please note – no further costume size changes will be accepted!
The Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders Junior Cheerleader (JR MVC) program is designed specifically to promote self-esteem, pride, commitment and FUN among young women ages 3 - 14 years of age. This program offers a special opportunity to perform during a professional production in front of 66,200 Minnesota Vikings fans at the U.S. Bank Stadium. Junior MVC will attend rehearsal sessions, where they will learn: warm ups, stretches, dance skills and choreography from the 2016 Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders. Participants are divided into small groups by their age and work closely with their "big sister" MVC. No tryouts are required! This program is tailored to girls of all ages and ability levels
Here is the replica costume for our 2016 Junior Cheerleaders!
& the official V-boot spats!
** NOTE: NEW COSTUMES! This is year ONE for costumes! We have a new design every other year to save you money – costumes purchased this year will be used again next year!
Junior Cheerleader $215
Angel Cheerleader $198
Each additional sibling $189 (either level)
MVC Junior Cheerleader Package includes:
• An official Minnesota Vikings Junior Cheerleader T-shirt ($28 retail value)
• Set of official Junior MVC poms ($60 retail value)
• Official Junior MVC replica “ICE” costume ($230 retail value)
• Discounted ticket purchase power for family and friends
• A game day snack is provided for the dancer. (Value $8)
• Coaching by members of the current MVC team and the MVC coaching staff during the clinics/rehearsals!
• Official choreography & performance during a professional NFL pre-game production. (Retail value -priceless!)
• Pictures and autographs with the current Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders.
• Now, for the first time EVER, we will be awarding our Junior Cheerleaders with an official MVC ribbon medal and customized Junior Cheer pin. Junior Cheerleaders can look forward to getting a new customized pin every year with a different design. Additional awards will be given out to Junior MVC who celebrate their 5th and 10th year anniversary of Junior Cheer participation. (varying value)
• Participation in a photo session with the MVC for the “Junior MVC team photo”
• Opportunity to purchase official MVC Junior branded merchandise (optional)
• AND MORE!!!!
TOTAL VALUE is over $400 (without game tickets.)
• Performers must be 3 - 14 years of age to participate. Different levels of participation are offered based on age groups.
Junior ANGELS -
• Performers age 3 – 5 years old will be in our Junior Angels group.
• Angels must be 3 years of age by July 1, 2016 – NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Must be potty trained and able to separate from parents to work with the group instructor(s).
• Junior Angels will attend rehearsals, as noted, in a shortened capacity. They will participate in a similar fashion to the Junior MVC, but will not have as long of rehearsals and will not learn as much choreography. At that age, we feel coming to learn a shorter routine/combo, wearing the uniform, getting their photo taken and performing at the game with the MVC in a simple capacity allows the younger siblings and future Junior MVC the chance to experience what Junior MVC will be like, but at a level that is fun for them, and not too over-whelming. Junior Angels will be grouped together and have “MVC Leaders” to direct them at all times. They will be the cutest ones on the field!
Junior CHEERLEADERS -
• Performers age 6 – 14 will be in our Junior Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders group.
• Juniors must be 6 years of age by July 1, 2016!!!
** Register with a friend! Or make new ones!
Rehearsal Dates: August 29th-31st
All rehearsals are mandatory for performance during halftime!
Monday, August 29th from 6:30 – 8:30 PM - Junior MVC
***Angels will rehearse from 6:30 – 8 PM only!
Tuesday, August 30th, from 6:30-8:30 PM – Junior MVC
***Angels will rehearse from 6:30 – 8 PM only!
Wednesday, August 31st, from 6:30-8:30pm
***Angels will rehearse the entire time from 6:30- 8:30pm
We will have a game detail meeting and “show off” dress rehearsal performance on this night at the end of practice. Please feel free to come video and take pictures!
Thursday, September 1st Performance Minnesota Vikings vs. LA Rams - There will be a pre-game rehearsal at U.S. Bank Stadium on game day at approximately 3:30pm for all halftime participants. Kick-off is at 7pm and the dancers will perform during pre-game!
Rehearsals, other than on game day, will take place at the Winter Park Field House in Eden Prairie, MN. The facility address is: 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344. Please enter through the loading dock garage door off of Washington Avenue on the East side of the building. Parking is in the ramp across the street on Washington Avenue (Olympic Place Building). Please safely escort your Junior Cheerleader across the street.
Directions from 494:
-Exit 169 North
-Exit Valley View Rd. Turn left onto Valley View Rd.
-Turn left onto Washington Ave.
-The Winter Park Field House facility will be on your right side.
-The Parking Ramp is on the left
-Please enter through loading dock door off of Washington Ave.
To participate, you must purchase or have game tickets - both the performer and the guardian! EVERYONE will need to purchase his or her game tickets separately from the program registration. Each dancer will need a chaperon/parent/guardian with them on game day. Both the performer and the chaperone will need to purchase a ticket to the game, if you do not already hold or have access to tickets. You can purchase additional tickets for your family and friends. We have blocked seats at a discounted rate. We are offering each registered junior participant up to 4 tickets total at this discounted rate. You are free to find other tickets in the stadium, in other locations, if you prefer. Place orders for your Junior MVC, chaperone and guests all at once if you want them to be seated together in the stands.
For other seat options contact the Vikings ticket office at 612.33.VIKES. Please place all orders through the ticket office directly. Don't delay! Tickets in the discounted area are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 / VIKINGS vs. Rams / 7PM Kickoff time
*** Times, directions and further details regarding game day specifics will be given out during rehearsal. Reminder – you will need to arrive at approximately 3:30 pm for our pre-game rehearsal. Everyone will need a game ticket in order to enter U.S. Bank Stadium.
Rules & Regulations
• No tryouts required!
• Bring a water bottle to practices. No food is allowed into the field house during rehearsals! Please eat before arriving and plan accordingly.
• No refunds on fees, t-shirts, costumes, JR optional merchandise or alterations on sizing will be offered.
• Parents must pick-up and drop-off their child each day. A matching wristband will be issued at the time of drop-off. Parents will be asked to leave the facility during the actual rehearsal time because of distractions, security and lack of space. All practices are closed to the public.
• A full refund will be given to participants if the program fills and your registration cannot be accepted!! No other refunds can be offered.
Questions regarding the Junior Cheerleaders can be sent to: email@example.com
2016 Junior Cheerleader Notes
* The optional DVD for purchase will be a game day performance video and we do not guarantee that every child will be filmed OR photographed.
* A confirmation e-mail of your acceptance into the program (based on a first come, first serve policy) will be e-mailed out within days of the receipt of your registration. The final confirmation e-mail, to come out August 22nd, will include reminders and more detailed information and answers to your last minute questions.
* If you are traveling in from out of state, there are many hotels in the surrounding area, especially off of the corner of Hwy. 100 and Int. 494. Make it an end of summer mini-vacation!
* Junior MVC Cheerleader optional additional merchandise will be available! These items will be available before and after rehearsals. Sizes and availability cannot be guaranteed. First come, first serve.
* There will be a parent meeting to review and discuss the game day events and the activities for the week. This meeting will be held at the end of practice on Wednesday, August 31st at 8:00 pm. All times and details will be outlined in the handouts provided at that time. Plan to attend! You can also bring a video camera at that time to tape your little one in action.
* Please plan to reference this detailed information for answers to your questions. Print off a copy of this page for your easy access and reference.
The Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders All Stars are a competitive youth program (grades K-12) that rehearses under the direction of MVC Alumni Coaches. The season begins early September 2016 through February 2017 at Winter Park in Eden Prairie, MN. Throughout the season, MVC All Stars participate in monthly community and charity events, compete locally and nationally, and have several unique performance opportunities including a show at the Mall of America with the 2016 Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders!
Date: Sunday, September 11, 2016
Time: 2-6pm (specific time based on age)
*Please note: auditions are NOT held directly after Junior Cheer this year
Location: Winter Park – 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Cost: $25 registration fee (waived if you participate in the Junior Cheer 2016 Program)
Credit card or Cash is preferred. Make checks payable to 'Minnesota Vikings'.
More specific details to follow!
If you are interested in auditioning for the 2016 Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders All Stars, please be sure to check the “All Star” box on your Junior Cheer application or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
To learn more about the MVC All Stars please visit http://www.vikings.com/cheerleaders/mvc-programs.html.
* MVC All Star Team MISSION STATEMENT -
To provide a well-developed dance program for youth that will not only advance the skill level of dancers, but will encourage community involvement, teamwork, dedication, strong work ethic, respect and improve upon self-esteem in a more detailed and dedicated way then Junior MVC.
By auditioning for this program, you will have the opportunity to be selected to be on this ELITE performance and competition team!! The MVC All Stars consist of dancers that practice weekly during the year at Winter Park and then perform on the plaza for Vikings games, in the community and again in 2016 will compete against other All Star teams locally and nationally. Additional fees are associated with the program for costuming, competition fees, etc. The team had an amazingly successful season last year with teams winning Grand Champion National titles. We have some of our most veteran alumni MVC as coaches/assistants for the program. They work on team skills, dance technique, cheers and performance qualities. This team will be an INVITE ONLY group!
THANK YOU for your interest in the JR MVC, Angels and All Star Program!