The Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders Junior Cheerleader (JR MVC) program is designed specifically to promote self-esteem, pride, commitment and FUN among young women ages 3 - 14 years old. This program offers a rare and special opportunity to perform during a professional production in front of 64,000 Minnesota Vikings fans at the Metrodome at Mall of America Field. Junior MVC will attend rehearsal sessions were they will learn warm ups, stretches, dance skills and choreography from the 2012 Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders. Junior MVC will participate in clinics taught by the team and will have the opportunity to be involved in our “healthy habit” discussions. Participants are divided into small groups by their age and work closely with their "big sister" MVC. No tryouts are required! This program is tailored to girls of all ages and ability levels.
Registration Is Closed
To register follow these simple steps:
NOTE: Siblings, Alumni and Vikings Staff, please mail or fax in registration.
Or, you can register by printing out the form below:
1. Click here for a printable registration form to be mailed in or faxed to 952.918.8300
2. Click here for the Release/Waiver form
3. Click here for the Ticket Order from
4. Click here for DVD order form.
5. Click here for costume sizing reference chart
2012-2013 Official Replica “Vikes dress” junior MVC costume & boot spats!
*** NOTE: This is year ONE for costumes! ***
We have a new design every other year to save you money!
• Performers age 3-5. Must be 3 by July 1, 2012 - NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Must be potty trained and able to separate from parents to work with the group instructor(s).
• Attend rehearsals, as noted below in a shortened capacity. They will participate in a similar fashion to the Junior MVC, but will not have as long of rehearsals and will not learn as much choreography.
• At this age, we feel coming to learn a shorter routine/combo, wearing the uniform, getting their photo taken and performing at the game with the MVC in a simple capacity allows the younger siblings and future Junior MVC the chance to experience what Junior MVC will be like, but at a level that is fun for them, and not too over-whelming.
• Angels will be grouped together and have “MVC Leaders” to direct them at all times. They will be the cutest ones on the field!
• Performers age 6-14. Must be 6 by July 1, 2012
• Thursday, September 20, Friday, September 21 • 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Saturday, September 22 • TBD
• All rehearsals are mandatory for performance during halftime!
- Thursday & Friday, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Saturday, TBD
Rehearsal Location • Eden Prairie:
• Winter Park Field House: 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344
• Please note: there is road construction in the area. Plan ahead.
• Enter through loading dock garage door off Washington Ave. on East side of building.
Game day - Pre-Game Rehearsal • Dome:
Sunday, September 23, Approximately 8:30 a.m.
We plan to shoot a group and individual photos between our pre-game rehearsal and kick-off. Kick-off is at noon and the dancers will perform during halftime!
Game day Performance • Dome:
Sunday, September 23 - Vikings vs. 49ers – Noon kick-off
*** Times, directions, and further details regarding game day specifics will be given out during rehearsal. Everyone will need a game ticket in order to enter the Dome.
• To participate, you must purchase or have game tickets - both the performer and the guardian! EVERYONE will need to purchase their game tickets separately from the program registration. Each dancer needs a chaperone/parent/guardian with them on game day.
• If you do not already have tickets, we have blocked seats in the upper deck in a LARGE section, at a discounted rate - first come, first serve basis. Please see the ticket order form or for other seat options contact the Vikings ticket office: 612.333.VIKES. Place all orders through the ticket office and
do not include with your Junior Cheer registration. You are free to find other tickets in the stadium, in other locations, if you prefer.
• See registration form for full details and pricing guide.
• Sibling discount is available. (Discounted rate for siblings only.)
MVC Junior Cheerleader Package includes:
• Official Minnesota Vikings Junior Cheerleader T-shirt ($28 retail value)
• Set of official Junior MVC poms ($60 retail value)
• Official Junior MVC replica “Vikes Dress” with the famous “V” go-go boots/ spats ($230 retail value) ***Everyone needs to purchase a costume this year, as it is our FIRST year with the dress.
• Discounted ticket purchase power for family and friends
• A game day snack is provided for the dancer. (Value $5)
• One-on-one coaching by members of the current MVC team and the MVC
coaching staff during the clinics/rehearsals!
• Official choreography & performance during a professional NFL half-time production. (Retail value - priceless!)
• Pictures and autographs with the current MVC
• Official certificate of participation in the 2012 Minnesota Vikings Junior Cheerleading Program. Additional awards are given to participants for multiple years with the Junior MVC program!!
• Participation in photo session with MVC for “Junior MVC team photo”
• Opportunity to purchase optional official MVC Junior branded merchandise
TOTAL VALUE $390+!!! (without game tickets!…but you don’t pay that!)
Rules & Regulations:
• No tryouts required!
• No refunds on fees, t-shirts, costumes, JR optional merchandise, or alterations on sizing will be allowed.
• Parents must pick-up and drop-off their child each day. A matching wristband will be issued at the time of drop-off. Parents will be asked to leave the facility during the actual rehearsal time because of distractions, security and lack of space. All practices are closed to the public.
• A full refund will be given to participants if the program fills and your registration cannot be accepted. No other refunds can be offered.
• Questions? Email Brianna: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips and Notes
• Registration Forms & Video orders: mail to the MVC Junior Cheerleader
address listed on the form or fax in. Registration deadline: September 1.
• Bring a water bottle to practices. No food is allowed into the field house during rehearsals! Please eat before arriving and plan accordingly.
• The optional DVD for purchase will be a game day performance video and we do not guarantee that every child will be filmed OR photographed.
• A confirmation email of your program acceptance (based on a first come, first serve policy) will be emailed within days of the receipt of your registration. The final confirmation email mid-September will include more detailed information and answers to your last minute questions.
• If you are traveling in from out of state, there are many hotels in the surrounding area, especially off of the corner of Hwy. 100 and Int. 494. Make it a mini-vacation!
• Junior MVC Cheerleader optional additional merchandise will be available! These items will be available during rehearsals. Sizes and availability not guaranteed. First come, first serve.
• Parent meeting is at the end of practice on Saturday, September 22. We’ll review and discuss the game day events and the activities for the week. All times and details will be outlined in the handouts provided at that time. You can also bring a video camera at that time to tape your little one in action.
• Please plan to reference this detailed information for answers to your questions. Print off a copy of this page for easy access and reference.
• MVC All Stars Auditions are held during Junior MVC rehearsals. Audition details will be available upon request. Details are below about our National Champion MVC All Stars. This is a totally separate program from the Junior MVC!!! The MVC All Stars are a season long program consisting of elite
level dancers, selected, by audition, to compete and represent the Vikings organization. We will have an informational meeting following the first night of Junior MVC rehearsal. For details and if interested, we encourage your questions and attendance at the meeting.
MVC All Star Team MISSION STATEMENT
To provide a well-developed dance program for youth that will not only advance the skill level of dancers, but will encourage community involvement, teamwork, dedication, strong work ethic, respect and improve upon self-esteem in a more detailed and dedicated way then Junior MVC.
By auditioning for this program, you will have the opportunity to be selected to be on this ELITE performance and competition team!! The MVC All Stars consist of dancers that practice weekly during the year at Winter Park and then perform on the plaza for Vikings games, in the community and again in 2012 will compete against other All Star teams locally and nationally. Additional fees are associated with the program for costuming, competition fees, etc. The team had an amazingly successful season last year with teams winning Grand Champion National titles. We have three of our most veteran alumni MVC captains as coaches/assistants for the program. They work on team skills, dance technique, cheers and performance qualities. This team will be an INVITE ONLY group!
THANK YOU for your interest in the JR MVC, Angels and All Star Program!
Photos by: Noemi Photography (www.noemiphotography.com)