Do you want to wear the boots, wear the MVC necklace and be a part of the LAST team to embrace the seasons at the University of Minnesota Stadium!?
- Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. by June 2015
- If selected, must reside or be willing to commute to the Minneapolis metro area for rehearsals, appearances, games, etc.
- Must be able to attend ALL rehearsals, games and other related activities (Practices are held on Tues., Thurs. & Sun. evenings)
- Must have a valid passport
- Must be able to show proof of health insurance, a recent physical, age verification and a diploma, as needed
- Provide a completed and signed application and release/waiver
- If selected to the team, a one year contract and commitment are required
- $25 Application Fee made payable to the Minnesota Vikings is due at Open Auditions (cash or credit only) *Non-refundable
-Recent non- refundable headshot and resume
-Attendance at all rounds of audition competition (See detailed list below.)
*** Make sure to visit the MVC FAQ for answers to all of the most frequently asked questions about the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders and about the audition process!!!!
*Prep classes and the Workshop are optional steps in the Audition process provided to help you prepare for auditions and/or enjoy a day of dancing with the MVC
***AUDITION DATES AND OVERVIEW***
Audition Prep Classes (Optional)
Date: Thursdays, March 12 – April 9
Location: Winter Park – 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344 *Please Park across the street in the ramp located in the Olympic Place Building.
Cost: $20 each or $90 for all 5 sessions (Cash or credit only) **NO refunds/ all registrations final
Prep classes are basically DANCE classes.
Classes will be taught by MVC alumni and current MVC will assist with demonstrations.
Click here to download a PDF with more information and Packages on our Prep Classes and Workshops!
Beauty and Business - Tryout Workshop (Optional)
Date: Saturday, March 28th ,2015 Time: 10am-4pm *Please bring a packed lunch
Location: Winter Park – 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344 *Please Park in Ramp across the street in Olympic Place Building.
Cost: $65 (cash or credit only)
-Bring your registration fee (cash or credit only), a notebook, pen, water bottle and PACKED LUNCH.
NOTE: **There are no pre-registrations. Application paperwork will be available during the workshop.
- If you want to know what to expect at auditions, how to prepare and desire to learn TONS of helpful hints, then you should attend this workshop! It will be fun and will prepare you for what to expect! The workshop would be helpful for those looking to audition for another team (college, pro, etc.) as well or for those that would like to have fun and see what it would be like to be on the team for a day. All are welcome!
***Please wear dance/workout attire and go ahead and bring your make-up and hair supplies!
Date: Saturday, April 11, 2015
Location: Winter Park – 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Time: Call time is 9 am.. Plan for a long day!
Fee: $25 registration fee (cash or credit only) Registration at the door only, no online registration
- Here is your chance to be considered for the team! GO FOR IT!
- Please review all of the questions in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section of this site for detailed information about tryouts. Auditions are closed to the public! Arrive dressed in form-fitting clothing and prepared to dance. Bring a resume, photo, application (available at the door) and application fee. You will also want to pack a lunch/snack, water bottle and layers to keep warm between rounds of auditions.
A lottery sign up for interview times will take place for those selected to Training Camp. Interviews will be held at various hours from 9am- 6pm on Sunday, April 12th , 2014. A quiz on team and football knowledge will be administered following your interview.
Where: Winter Park – 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Dates: April 14th, 15th, 16th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd with dress rehearsal Monday April 27th .
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. each night
- We will train, condition and learn material for the Semi-Final pageant and the Mall of America Final show during training camp.
- Training Camp is closed to the public. You must have qualified and been selected for Training Camp through Open Auditions.
Where: SEVEN and Pantages Theatre - http://www.7mpls.com
Date: Sunday, April 26thth, 2015
Time: Estimated Rehearsal call time 2 PM; Show start time 6 PM
- Participants will compete in: an on stage interview, a classic swimsuit pageant competition and dance.
- The Semi-Final event will be open to the public based on ticket availability and purchase. To purchase tickets contact the Vikings Ticket office at 612.33.VIKES
- The top 8 scores in the swimsuit category will be named as our finalists for the cover model competition for our 2015 team calendar and announced at the after party at Seven Ultra lounge following the show at Pantages.
Where: Mall of America, Bloomington, MN – Rotunda / 1st floor, East Side
Date: Tuesday, April 28th, 2015
Time: Show start time will be 6:30 PM.
- This is open to the public. There is limited seating. FREE!
- Final team selection will be announced online and by phone Wednesday, April 29th, 2015. First team meeting will follow that night on April 29th, location TBD.
- NOTE: You must have been selected through Open Auditions and all other rounds of competition to be judged at the Final Auditions. We will not accept walk up applicants at Final Auditions.
- Perform at all home games for the 2015 Minnesota Vikings
- Possibility to travel on military tours, for appearances and in our Show Tour to entertain US troops and with the NFL
- Past MVC have traveled to Iwakuni, Atsugi, Winnipeg, Calgary, Djibouti, Hawaii, Guam, Japan, Alaska, Australia and many national military installations.
- Be a role model to hundreds of Junior MVC Cheerleaders and the MVC All Stars
- Have a presence and contribute to our community as an ambassador of the Vikings organization and the NFL at over hundreds appearances per season
- Be featured in a professional calendar, photo shoot(s) and NFL/VEN productions
- Make 35+ amazing and life-long friends while on the team
- And so much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have more questions, please check out - MVC FAQ (MVC Frequently Asked Questions).