Be the first MVC to cheer in the new stadium!
- Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. by June 2016
- If selected, must reside or be willing to commute to the Minneapolis metro area for rehearsals, appearances, games, etc.
- Must be able to attend ALL rehearsals, games and other related activities (Practices are held on Tues., Thurs. & Sun. evenings)
- Must have a valid passport
- Must be able to show proof of health insurance, a recent physical, age verification and a diploma, as needed
- Must provide a completed and signed application and release/waiver
- If selected to the team, a one year contract and commitment are required
- $25 Application Fee made payable to the Minnesota Vikings is due at Open Auditions (cash or credit only) *Non-refundable
-Must provide a recent non- refundable headshot and resume
-Attendance at all rounds of audition competition is required (See detailed list below.)
*** Make sure to visit the MVC FAQ for answers to all of the most frequently asked questions about the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders and about the audition process!!!!
*Prep classes and the Workshop are optional steps in the Audition process. Prep classes are provided to help you prepare for auditions and/or enjoy a day of dancing with the MVC
***PREP CLASS DATES!!!***
Date: Thursdays, March 3 – March 31
Location: Winter Park – 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344 *Please Park across the street in the ramp located in the Olympic Place Building.
Cost: $20 each or $90 for all 5 sessions (Cash preferred) **NO refunds
Prep classes are mainly DANCE classes. Styles will include kick, jazz, pom, hip hop, etc.
Fitness will also be a focus.
Classes will be taught by MVC alumni and current MVC will assist with demonstrations.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Date: Sunday, April 3rd, 2016
Location: Winter Park – 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Time: Call time is 9 am. Plan for a long day!
Fee: $25 registration fee (cash or credit only). Registration at the door only, no online registration.
- Here is your chance to be the first MVC to cheer in the new stadium! GO FOR IT!
- Please review all of the questions in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section of this site for detailed information about tryouts. Auditions are closed to the public! Arrive dressed in form-fitting clothing and prepared to dance. Bring a resume, photo, application (available at the door) and application fee. You will also want to pack a lunch/snack, water bottle and layers to keep warm between rounds of auditions.
A lottery sign up for interview times will take place for those selected to Training Camp. Interviews will be held at various hours from 9am- 6pm on Monday, April 4th, 2016. A quiz on team and football knowledge will be administered following your interview.
Where: Winter Park – 9520 Viking Dr. Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Dates: April 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th, 14th with dress rehearsal on Monday April 18th.
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. each night
- We will train, condition and learn material for the Semi-Final pageant and the Mall of America Final show during training camp.
- Training Camp is closed to the public. You must have qualified and been selected for Training Camp through Open Auditions.
Where: SEVEN and Pantages Theatre - http://www.7mpls.com
Date: Sunday, April 10th, 2016
Time: Estimated Rehearsal call time 2 PM; Show start time 6 PM
- Participants will compete in: an on stage interview, a classic swimsuit pageant competition and dance.
- The Semi-Final event will be open to the public based on ticket availability and purchase. To purchase tickets contact the Vikings Ticket office at 612.33.VIKES
- The top 8 scores in the swimsuit category will be named as our finalists for the cover model competition for our 2015 team calendar and announced at the after party at Seven Ultra lounge following the show at Pantages.
Where: Mall of America, Bloomington, MN – Rotunda / 1st floor, East Side
Date: Tuesday, April 19th, 2016
Time: Show start time will be 6:30 PM.
- This is open to the public. There is limited seating. FREE!
- Final team selection will be announced online and by phone Wednesday, April 20th, 2016. First team meeting will follow that night on April 20th, location TBD.
- NOTE: You must have been selected through Open Auditions and all other rounds of competition to be judged at the Final Auditions. We will not accept walk up applicants at Final Auditions.
- Be the FIRST to perform at all home games for the 2016 Minnesota Vikings in the new US Bank Stadium
- Possible travel on military tours, for appearances and in our Show Tour to entertain US troops
- Past MVC have traveled to Iwakuni, Atsugi, Winnipeg, Calgary, Djibouti, Hawaii, Guam, Alaska, Australia and many national military installations.
- Be a role model to hundreds of Junior MVC Cheerleaders and the MVC All Stars
- Have a presence and contribute to our community as an ambassador of the Vikings organization and the NFL at over 400 appearances/ hours per season
- Be featured in a professional calendar, photo shoot(s) and NFL productions
- Make 35+ amazing and life-long friends while on the team
- And so much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have more questions, please check out - MVC FAQ (MVC Frequently Asked Questions).
OPEN AUDITIONS APRIL 3RD, 2016
*more details to come!